A bear has eaten my floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bear has eaten my floor

I have an NRS 13' Otter that a bear has eaten the floor from. If you have a similar boat that a bear has eaten the tubes of and would like to sell the floor please PM Mark, The Cutting Edge Fairbanks AK. It's possible the floors for other makes would work too. Thank you Mark

I was always amazed when logging what those critters would eat. A gallon jug of bar oil? Yup. Plastic cans full of gas? Yup. Anything rubber? Yup. Rain gear? Yup.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
      I was always amazed when logging what those critters would eat. A gallon jug of bar oil? Yup. Plastic cans full of gas? Yup. Anything rubber? Yup. Rain gear? Yup.
      Yep, My bear ate the whole seat too.

Comment

I'm a custom knife maker, a trade for a hand made knife is a possible deal.You could check out my web site if you like. www.markknappcustomknives.com

Comment

Mark: I do not have a raft floor but just wanted to comment on the amazing beautiful blades you have on your web sit. Truly outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
            Mark: I do not have a raft floor but just wanted to comment on the amazing beautiful blades you have on your web sit. Truly outstanding!
            Thanks bud, sorry it took so long to get back to you, been away on an extended fishing trip. Thanks again.

Comment

One of my biggest fears... have a bear destroy my raft when I have three days floating to get out, and a load of meat.

I carry an armload of raft repair, but a bear could make a raft worthless in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by anchorrivercrowds View Post
                One of my biggest fears... have a bear destroy my raft when I have three days floating to get out, and a load of meat.

I carry an armload of raft repair, but a bear could make a raft worthless in a few minutes.
                I have left a boat in remotes places for a week or more. Tied up in the mouth of a creek. I was worried a bear would chew up the fuel lines so I stored them in a metal container. Last thing before leaving the boat was to take a piss in it. Marking my territory. Seemed to work same as a piss fence at camp.
                Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

I have left a boat in remotes places for a week or more. Tied up in the mouth of a creek. I was worried a bear would chew up the fuel lines so I stored them in a metal container. Last thing before leaving the boat was to take a piss in it. Marking my territory. Seemed to work same as a piss fence at camp.
                  Yeah, we do all those things. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. It comes with the territory.

Comment

Oh yea... I piss everywhere these days. I used to be so careful to limit scent. Now I piss on both sides of my tent, around my raft, let the critters know I'm there before they walk through my tent in the pitch black.

TWICE I've had twin bulls walk into camp just after dark(first set there was still some light actually)...

I've been lucky with bears. Got hunted a few years ago calling... he only broke his charge at about 25 yards. Not sure why I was so calm and convinced he'd realize I wasn't a moose(he finally did)... never even jacked a shell in the chamber...mistake

Bear defense is a big topic.

Comment

Originally posted by anchorrivercrowds View Post

Oh. It happens, and when it does you’ll wish you had bigger armloads of repair materials...
                      “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
                      "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

Oh. It happens, and when it does you’ll wish you had bigger armloads of repair materials...
                        looking to add power to my upriver canoe game. I went with a 20 foot tripper side mount...

6 HP will be interesting huh? More weight, need to get lower... but... more power.

bears attacking rafts sounds ugly... I've been lucky.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X