Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float hunting upper Stoney River

Hi guys Iím in the middle of getting my 2019 moose float hunt all planned out. Gone through all the resources on the ADFG website, talked to both the biologists several times in 19B that are over this area, talked to several air charters, and a whole bunch of other sources. Finding much info on this upper portion of the river has been exhausting as it seems like thereís not much hunting going on there. My question is there anyone here who has floated this section of the river between the headwaters down to the can creek confluence? Whether it was hunting, fishing, sight seeing, etc.

My second choice of river is the hoho there in 19B, has anyone been in this area on a float trip?

Iíd like to hear some first hand experience or knowledge to chat a little bit about these two before I make my final decision and get rafts and air charters all set up.

Howdy, I have been looking at a trip to the same area and info is still hard to come by. Did you float the Stoney in 2019? I'd appreciate any info you could send my way.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ahoyfloy View Post
      Howdy, I have been looking at a trip to the same area and info is still hard to come by. Did you float the Stoney in 2019? I'd appreciate any info you could send my way.
      Thanks
      Give Doug Brewer of Alaska West Air a call. He might be able to provide you with some info.
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I floated it last fall for 10 days. Beautiful river but lots of predators, moose and caribou population was really sparse. I can help with ideas if still interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X