Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what keeps your arrow quiet while drawing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what keeps your arrow quiet while drawing?

I just shot a few dozen arrows after a long winter of no shooting, and while drawing i noticed it my shafts make a lot of noise sliding through my rest. I have a piece of moleskin stuck to my riser where my rest drops to keep that from tinging once it falls away but I was wondering if anybody has any solutions to this? It seems if i put moleskin on my ripcord it seems it would affect my shots. Thanks for any advice.

i have the rip cord code red with the mole skin on the launcher and it makes zero noise you may be able to get the mole skin they put on the launcher at the factory or just make your own.

Comment

I've never even heard of it before their sight sells a 3 pack of the moleskin for a few bucks I might have to call them tomorrow and see if they will fit on their older rest

Comment

putting the moleskin on the rest should cure the problem. shouldn't change your shot all that much, but better to do it and work out the bugs now.

Comment

If your cheap like me and dont want to spend alot of money get some clear finger nail polish and put it on your rest were your arrow comes across

Comment

I have some on my trophy taker drop away and works great...

Comment

Hoythunter, I don't know that 4 bucks for nail polish is cheaper then moleskin unless you save it and re use it.

Comment

Very true i guess i assumed it was cheap i always bummed some from the wife she buys it like its cheap lol

Comment

also how much would be S&H for the moleskin unless you can find some locally?

Comment

the nail polish sounds like the perfect option. However when i asked my wife for some she didnt have any so I rounded up some small pieces of moleskin from my archery box fitted one on the rest, Keeps it my draw very quiet but seemes to have thrown off my shot a bit, and also glued and formed a larger camo piece to where my ripcord hits after it drops.

Comment

What bow do you shoot because your ripcord shouldnt be hitting as it drops?

Comment

I started shooting QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD rests last year. They come with several custom laser cut felt kits. http://www.qadinc.com/shop/product_i...products_id=37
                        Very quiet [significantly increased my accuracy] on both aluminum and carbon arrows.
                        Oh yeah, these guys give a military discount.

Comment

Originally posted by AKluvr95 View Post
                          I started shooting QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD rests last year. They come with several custom laser cut felt kits. http://www.qadinc.com/shop/product_i...products_id=37
                          Very quiet [significantly increased my accuracy] on both aluminum and carbon arrows.
                          Oh yeah, these guys give a military discount.
                          Originally posted by hoythunter View Post
                          What bow do you shoot because your ripcord shouldnt be hitting as it drops?
                          07 bowtech allegiance it hits where it rests on the shelf of the riser.

Comment

I used some stuff that is like mole skin, it comes in squares that they have in different cammo patterns. I put the stuff on the drop away arms, top capture bar, where it hits the shelf when it goes down, and anywhere else that could possibly have something clank against it. Didn't affect accuracy at all.

Comment

If you use a mechanical arrow rest that looks like piece of wire that falls away when the arrow is launched. Go to Radio Shack and get a couple of pieces of shrink wrap for wire. Slide it on the rest and then heat with a heat gun for a few seconds; DONE !!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X