Haul Rd Airboat outfitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haul Rd Airboat outfitter?

Was told someone on the Haul Rd runs a Airboat from the Sag up the Iverchek. Sp?

Wondering if anyone has ever used this service, I know a plane flies out of Happy Valley but I think it was a little pricey. Thanks alot trying to put together next years hunt.

Never used him but yes, there is a guy up there If I remember right he is at mile 52. Pass pum station #2. Can't remember how much he cost.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

yes

never used him but he is above pump two.
      Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

Comment

airboat

The guys name is Randy Quincey. Alaskan Gold Rush Adventures, web site is airboatfishing.com Great guy. I've used him the last two years, but not this coming year. Hunting partner is buying a brand new air boat. We'll be doing it ourselves this coming year. :-)

Comment

Gold Rush Adventures

Top notch company. I used him this year and my friends have used him for several years. Could not be a better guy and service.
          sigpic2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Comment

How much does he charge a person and does he take you out far enough to hunt with a rifle?

Comment

Cost

This year he charged $2,600.00 for a party of 4 peaple, We went up the Echooka and floated out a total of 38 miles. Plenty of mileage within the rifle area.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of Kings View Post
                This year he charged $2,600.00 for a party of 4 peaple, We went up the Echooka and floated out a total of 38 miles. Plenty of mileage within the rifle area.

Someone said he was just doing drop offs and you where having to float back ,Did he supply the rafts ?
                PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

Gold Rush

That is correct he does only drop offs. I had one raft of my own and we rented the other from Anchoarge. 2 people and gear per raft, leaves plenty of room and good floation for the shallows that far up river.

Comment

2600 for a party of four sounds pretty good. I'd still be bowhunting but looking to get away from the road and it's problems. Thanks alot

Anyone planning next years hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Lancaster View Post
                      2600 for a party of four sounds pretty good. I'd still be bowhunting but looking to get away from the road and it's problems. Thanks alot

Anyone planning next years hunts?
                      Not to burst your bubble Jerry, but there's almost as many people on those rivers as there are on the road. Only difference is they're in boats instead of trucks. I wouldn't plan on being very far removed from other camps if you're going to use an airboat charter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Shannon View Post
                        Not to burst your bubble Jerry, but there's almost as many people on those rivers as there are on the road. Only difference is they're in boats instead of trucks. I wouldn't plan on being very far removed from other camps if you're going to use an airboat charter.

Any other recommendations then? Although I enjoyed some aspects of the road. I doubt, I'd do it again without boat options. Thanks

Comment

just curious, how much does that meat weigh a pound at the above price? Is it just me or is it cheaper to Fly to Montana or Idaho, pay the non res fees and take a pack trip out? not busting on the state but starting to think there are better options. I think it is getting way out of hand in this state. JMHO
                          Quod Dominus Noster Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFSTER View Post
                            just curious, how much does that meat weigh a pound at the above price? Is it just me or is it cheaper to Fly to Montana or Idaho, pay the non res fees and take a pack trip out? not busting on the state but starting to think there are better options. I think it is getting way out of hand in this state. JMHO

Last I checked Montana or Idaho dont have Caribou. Last time I checked wild meat is always more expensive if your a non resident. Not sure what your getting at. Any trip I have ever been on cost me more than what grocery store ribeyes would have and I've never paid a guide or thought I was taken in anyway.

I agree hunting in Alaska can be expensive for a non resident, However I couldn't put a price on my last hunt there.

If I were hunting for the cheap meat I'd have to give it up, hunting probably is the most expensive way to put meat in the freezer for most people I'm sure there are a few exceptions, I know I brought a whole Caribou, home processed and it wasn't cheap.

Eventually I'll go somewhere and hunt Elk or big Whitetails but for now Caribou have me hooked, Cant explain why, they just do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Lancaster View Post
                              Any other recommendations then? Although I enjoyed some aspects of the road. I doubt, I'd do it again without boat options. Thanks
                              If you want seclusion up there you have to do a fly-in and even then it's not a given. Not to say that boating is a bad idea, but there's more than enough boat traffic between the airboat charter and the guys with their personal boats that there ends up being a ton of people on the rivers too. That charter might seem like a good deal, but personally I'd spend a few hundred bucks extra and do a fly-in. That's just my take on it.

Jeff

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X