• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26B

For 26B it says:

Nonresidents: two bulls total One bull (archery) July 1- Sept. 30
    One bull (archery ) Oct. 1 - Apr. 30

So basically, you can take one bull. Unless you hunt on Sept. 30 and then again on Oct. 1, you could take another bull for a total of 2 bulls.

It is basically the same for residents: Total 2 caribou
    One bull (archery) July 1- Sept. 30
    Any caribou (archery ) Oct. 1 - Apr. 30

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
      For 26B it says:

Nonresidents: two bulls total One bull (archery) July 1- Sept. 30
      One bull (archery ) Oct. 1 - Apr. 30

So basically, you can take one bull. Unless you hunt on Sept. 30 and then again on Oct. 1, you could take another bull for a total of 2 bulls.

It is basically the same for residents: Total 2 caribou
      One bull (archery) July 1- Sept. 30
      Any caribou (archery ) Oct. 1 - Apr. 30
      Awesome! Thanks for the reply!
      US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Comment

Hunted have you ever hunted Caribou before? I will say they are my favorite by far. Also great pics on your site.
        Living the Alaskan Dream
        Gary Keller
        Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Gray View Post
          Hunted have you ever hunted Caribou before? I will say they are my favorite by far. Also great pics on your site.
          Thanks Gray! I have not hunted anything that Alaska has to offer yet. Just elk, deer, antelope and turkeys. Been trying for 18 years to get to Alkaska and had to volunteer to go to Korea to get here. Now I will be hunting everything I possibly can and photographing when I am not hunting. Just have to hunt the non guided stuff until I meet the residency requirement.
          US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Comment

Dalton Highway And sno-go

I read the corridor rules for the haul road, and it looks like you can use a sno-go to get out to the 5 miles off the road..
            If I am wrong..
            Please let me know..
            this is from page 101 of the hunting regs concerning Dalton Highway
            corridor management Area (DHCMA)
            A snowmachine may be used to transport hunters gear, or parts of game across the management area from land outside the management area to access land on the other side of the management area.
            If I am reading this right, if enough snow, you could spot and unload your sled and go the 5 miles,, checking with your GPS and hunt, and load your caribou up and bring him back accross the corridor..
            soud right?
            Max
            When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Comment

Read

That is the way I read it. Means you could go out and harvest 5 caribou and bring them back.

I would GPS several points along the road before traveling off of it. You could, walk towards a bend in the road and then be not legal. It has happened to others. They were five miles off of the road where they left, but walked closer to another point in the road.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

I think you guys are reading it wrong....

I chatted with the troopers last year and the year before about that....you can ride a snow machine from outside the management area through the area to the other side; however, you can not start from the road and go out....I would call the troopers up north and get their interpretation...Things may have changed since last year, but I have not heard of a major change like that....Now with this truck thing and the troopers not citing the drivers, maybe you only need to watch out for the BLM LEOs.

Hope this helps....Good luck...

calndux
                Advice from a River: Slow Down and Meander, Go with the Flow, Stay Current, Beauty is in the Journey...

Comment

Correction

IT does say, "....from land outisde the management area to land on the other side of the management area."

I would think that this is so that local residents in the area can traverse across the management area.
                  Last edited by Daveinthebush; 11-12-2006, 10:32. Reason: Need a spell check for some of us.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

You are wrong. You have to have started out of the 5 miles. You cant start on the haul road with the sled.

Comment

Who is wrong? You have to start from land outside the five mile management area. What is wrong with that?

If you quote from a post it helps.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X