Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drop away rest or whisker biscuit for young archer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop away rest or whisker biscuit for young archer?

My oldest has a Browning Micro Midas we got at a yard sale last summer. It is a good little bow except for the fall away arrow rest which is broken.

Should I get another fall away or go to a whisker biscuit for her? Not sure what would work best for a youth.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

bisquit..... safe, sure, easy to use, and cheap enough to toss when they are sure of them self....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

Agreed with Vince. We got my wife a whisker biscuit for her first bow as well. It's nice for a new archer to be able to focus on form and aim without needing to worry about an arrow falling off their rest.

Comment

Ditto to what Vince and Brian said. That being said... I have just changed from an Octane Hostage Pro to a drop away. I will give you the Octane if you like?

The brushes were wearing a bit funny after some time on my bow, but you can get replacement brushes for around $10 and should last your daughter a long time.

Let me know, I'll be coming into Anchorage tomorrow (Wednesday) and can bring it along.
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

I have four boys and they all started with the biscuit, its just really safe. Feather fletchings shot better than vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by ldh1187 View Post
            I have four boys and they all started with the biscuit, its just really safe. Feather fletchings shot better than vanes.
            Feathers over vanes? I would have thought the opposite. Seems that the feathers would get roughed up as they pass through the biscuit.
            Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Comment

Bisquit for the kids is great. Hell, I still shoot one on my hunting bow.
              Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

Originally posted by AKmud View Post
                Ditto to what Vince and Brian said. That being said... I have just changed from an Octane Hostage Pro to a drop away. I will give you the Octane if you like?

The brushes were wearing a bit funny after some time on my bow, but you can get replacement brushes for around $10 and should last your daughter a long time.

Let me know, I'll be coming into Anchorage tomorrow (Wednesday) and can bring it along.
                My wife has one of these Octane Hostages on her bow as well. I like them better than the WB.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
                  My wife has one of these Octane Hostages on her bow as well. I like them better than the WB.

Word of advice... The brushes wear pretty quick so keep an eye on them. I was told if you put a drop of superglue or fingernail polish on the bottom brush and then file it back smooth it will last a LOT longer.

I wanted to give the FOB a try so I had to move to a drop away.
                  AKmud
                  sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Originally posted by AKmud View Post
                    Word of advice... The brushes wear pretty quick so keep an eye on them. I was told if you put a drop of superglue or fingernail polish on the bottom brush and then file it back smooth it will last a LOT longer.

I wanted to give the FOB a try so I had to move to a drop away.
                    Thanks Mud. I appreciate the heads up. I'll try the super glue trick for sure.

Comment

Mud, let us know your opinion of the FOB....Might take a dip in the FOB pool here soon also.
                      The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                      sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

Bilder, Yes the feathers do rough up after time, we fletch our own. Usually burn up the feathers during 3D season and then refletch for hunting.

Comment

I shot a Biscut for a while but switched to a NAP Sizzor drop away and haven't looked back.

If you shoot a biscut, I reccomend Blazer vanes, but then I reccomend Blazers anyway...
                          sigpic

www.outwriteoutdoors.com

Comment

I forgot to mention I have a whisker biscut hanging around in my garage that I don't use after I upgraded to a dropaway. Bilder if you want you can have it for your daughter. Let me know.

Comment

I have shot both, if you were in a more mild climate I would say go with the whisker biscuit. If your kid plans on hunting up here there will alwasy be the possibility of rain and below freezing temperatures. If you are on a stalk and your whisker biscuit gets wet and freezes up it will be like trying to shoot an arrow through a frozen paint brush. Because of that I say go with the fall away.
                              "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X