3D Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Shoot

The Spring Bear shoot is just around the corner. April 25 & 26. This is a great shoot. See attached flier.
    Attached Files
    My Facebook My YouTube

Thanks Jeff

for picking up on this and getting it posted! Lots of fun at all levels, great folks, and I heard Scott and Jill arranged for a sunny-60 degee weekend!

I am going to do my best to get there with the boys ... but shhhhish ... 40 targets one day, 30 the next - x 2 arrows each for the 3 of us - that's 420 arrows! ... I got to start fletching!

Comment

Can complete novices attend this kind of event?

Got started last summer with the kids, yet we have been bad and not been out at all this winter. Got my new (used) recurve that I bought last fall and have put less than 10 arrows through it so far.
      Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

Prizes

Are their any prizes for the winners of each class? Kids and youth prizes? Medals, pins, trophies?.. etc..

Thanks
          Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

In the past they have had prizes for the best scores, raffles, drawing prizes. On top of that it is a lot of fun. Great people and a great time. Go to it if you can.

Comment

Bump

Just bumping this to the top.

For those that have never been to this shoot, targets range from 4 yds to 101 yds. Most of the targets are under 60 yds. Still time to get practicing.
              My Facebook My YouTube

Comment

I'll be there

I just sent in my $$ and registration to join so hoping to shoot as a member. I have been shooting horrible this year - I better get some arrow's fletched up myself!

Comment

Bump!

We had a good work day today getting the shooting lanes prepped. This is going to be a great shoot! Make it if you can!
                  AKmud
                  sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

how do you get to the location of the shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by bilder View Post
                      Can complete novices attend this kind of event?

Got started last summer with the kids, yet we have been bad and not been out at all this winter. Got my new (used) recurve that I bought last fall and have put less than 10 arrows through it so far.
                      I went to the 4th of July shoot in Soldotna last summer and did my first 3D shoot. I was 7th out of 7 in my category, but still had a great time. The gap between competitive shooters and those like me, bow hunter wanna be's, was pretty obvious, however. At least I didn't embarrass myself, I didn't miss a target. I stayed clear of the novelty shoots.

I think I was the oly one there who didn't win a door prize.

Comment

stick around!

In the past years, I think that everyone who stuck around for the drawings after the awards got a door prize. In other words, we had more door prizes than there were people, so everybody who stayed got something.

Honestly folks, this is our biggest shoot of the year, and it looks like it's shaping up to be really good again this year. Come out and shoot!

Comment

Registering

Can you register when you get there?

Where can I find all the particulars? Location, directions, etc?
                          Marc Theiler

Comment

Best shoot of the year. Known distance so you don't have to be a good 3D distance guesser and challenging shots. Every time I have went I have won a door prize. I'll be missing it this year since I will be hunting turkeys with my daughter in California than heading to shoot the Redding Trail Shoot
                            Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

Sounds like fun! I'm definitely going to try make it to that. Good times..as asked above, what are the directions and location at?
                              Last edited by blasterak; 04-20-2009, 20:54. Reason: Forgot to ask something.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X