Slo-Mo Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slo-Mo Video

Over on AT, there was a thread demonstrating how your nock slips if you don't shoot a loop. Poster pointed out the video on Limbsaver's site and that proof is in the video for sure. Take a look: http://www.limbsaver.com Click on "Nock Travel Video"

As a side note -- You blazer fans might want to check out how those blazers flap like a duck blasting off the water!

FOBs Frickin' RULE!

Taylor

-[]------->

wow

Well i just watched the video a couple time and wow never really thought about the knock slipping like that. Now im glad i use a string loop. Thanks for the post of the video

Comment

nocking point

that's why I've always used a double nocking point; in other words, one nocking point above the arrow and one below. Of course, everybody has a different set up based on shooting style/preferences.

Comment

I would imagine that if you paper tuned the bow correctly it would compensate for the nock moving down into the "corner" of the string though...

Cool video. Youtube has a lot of archery slo mo videos if anyone wants to see what happens to arrows in flight. It is pretty amazing what they go through.
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Loop

When I shoot archery; I use a couple of nock points under the arrow and a one over. The loop kind of gets in the way of my tab, since I shoot a recurve !

Comment

Impressive video. It's amazing how much that super slow motion reveals. Even more impressive than the nock slippage and the Blazer bouncing was watching the other super slow motion of the Matthews, Bowtech and PSE handles dancing around after the arrow is released. Now I know why I missed that bear twice this last fall.

Comment

Broadhead -
              Key phrase: after the arrow is released.

Once the arrow leaves the string it's pretty much a mute point, but if they sell bows, good for them. Not knocking their bow...

Taylor

-[]------->

Comment

when I was a kid I used my fingers for a release… the big thing I noticed in the video was that they put the arrow Under the nock, I always put my arrow above the nock so my fingers would not interfere with the arrow, even when I went to a release (before I used a loop) I still put the arrow on top of the nock, I guess it’s just preference.
                Josh
                Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X