Range Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range Finder

Does anyone have any recommendations on a range finder? I am looking at under 300 dollars. Or do you even recommend one. I do not use one normally; but I thought for some of the longer distance shots that Caribou and Moose can provide it may be helpful. Thanks

I've got an older Bushnell that works fine, you can go to E-Bay and pick them up pretty cheap. I've used it on an archery haul rd caribou hunt by picking out surface features that I ranged and then I knew if the caribou crossed in front of behind the feature, what the range was. It worked for me.

Comment

Range Finder

I use a Bushnell " Yardage Pro Scout" it works very well. Go to there web site and look at the spec's.

Comment

In that price range....

your looking at Bushnell and Nikon for quality products. I get a little leary of Ebay just because you never know what has happened to an item before you bought it. I used to use a Bushnell, one of the older models before they scaled down to the smaller version. Now I use a Nikon Monarch that works great. I definately reccomend picking one up as they give you a big advantage bow or rifle hunting. Usually they get cheaper depending on what yardage you want. If you want one that goes out to a 1000 yards you may pay more....but what's the point of that!!! The ones that go out to about 500 are reseasonable.

Good Luck!

Comment

Bushnell Yardage Pro

My Bushnell Yardage Pro has been excellent.

Patriot Life Member NRA
          Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
          Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

I too use the Nikon Monarch and have been very happy with it. I think its max range is 440 yards though. This really isn't much of a problem as I typically won't shoot at that distance, but when sneaking up on or waiting on something to move in a little closer, its nice to know what the distance is. Just so you know how much distance you actually need becfore he's within range.

On a seperate note, has anyone had a chance to play with the new Leupold Rangefinders with their True Ballistic Range Feature. I'd be curious to see what people think of them. I've had a little experience with them, but not alot. My brother is using one this year on all his hunts and so far is pretty satisfed.

I also offered to sell one to Bearslayer (full disclosure).

Comment

[quote=Frenchy in AK;28616]On a seperate note, has anyone had a chance to play with the new Leupold Rangefinders with their True Ballistic Range Feature. I'd be curious to see what people think of them. I've had a little experience with them, but not alot. My brother is using one this year on all his hunts and so far is pretty satisfed.quote]

I used one of my buddies. I liked it but for the price I think I'll just stick my old trusty Bush.

Comment

Let's set money aside...

What's the best rangefinder out there? Okay, so I like to dream big!

Take it further and tell me what the best value for my money?

bnr

Comment

Used a Leupold RDXII on these two

Fits your hand good the incline meter and true balistic range worked great for me on several hunts this year.
                  Attached Files
                  "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

The best....

I would have to say with money aside that a Swarovski would probably be the best....but how much better would it actually be than a Nikon? It's a range finder...not a spotting scope..know what I mean?

Comment

Ok, Swaro not necessary...let's talk value

Originally posted by AK145 View Post
                      I would have to say with money aside that a Swarovski would probably be the best....but how much better would it actually be than a Nikon? It's a range finder...not a spotting scope..know what I mean?
                      I totally agree and I would not spend the $890 on one.

Now, what's the best VALUE?

Comment

Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout has worked great for me and its compact and easy to use and fairly waterproof as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskan100 View Post
                          I use a Bushnell " Yardage Pro Scout" it works very well. Go to there web site and look at the spec's.

I second that!!!!!!!! I have the 400.
                          Living the Alaskan Dream
                          Gary Keller
                          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Leica

I just spent quite some time looking over all of them, and decided on the new Leica. I thought it was the best price for the quality of glass. I bought mine from Cabela's. They had $150.00 gift card if you spent $500.00 and Leica had $100.00 rebate, so I felt like it was quite a value. The quality of glass was great and it will work for bino's as it has 7x magnification.

Comment

Just thought I would throw in another note on selecting a range finder, one with the scan feature is very important. Sometimes you cant get the animal directly in the crosshairs for one reason or another but you can scan the surroundings to give you a good measurement on distance.Food for thought.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X