Ds 141 west eklutna sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds 141 west eklutna sheep

I got lucky and drew DS141. I don't see much information on how past winners trips went. What went well what would you do different. Anyone interested is sharing some ideas on how to make this trip more successful? Better early season or later? thanks jeff

No comments in a week? Anyone hunted this draw in the past willing to answer a few questions? thanks

Comment

Be there opening day. Better yet be there set up the day or two before opening day. <br/><br/>Iíve never hunted it, but have buddies that have and know a handful of other that have. Sounds like it can be quite the circus come opening morning. Be persistent and be willing to go some of the places not everyone wants to go. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well according to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game harvest statistics webpage, in 2019 a total of 2 hunters were successful and 17 were unsuccessful. So it was about a 10% success rate. You can find all that information out yourself here.

https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/i...840.1569345114

Comment

Ride your bike to the Bold Ridge trail. About 7 miles iirc. Stash bike at bottom. Hike up BR trail to the top and over the other side. Last time me and my partner got drawn, we saw 2 other hunters coming up BR trail while we were going down. Theres some bruisers in there.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X