2020 DM 427 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 DM 427 season

Checking to see how the season went for people that had this permit. Did they enjoy the hunt? Was enough snow on the ground to push them down off the mountain?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Isn't this the hunt you drew? How did you do?
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Comment

Originally posted by Roger45 View Post
      Isn't this the hunt you drew? How did you do?
      I drew the fall one. My stroke (July 2020) did allow me to get out. I am hoping this fall I will be to hunt close to what I use to. I like the 427 hunt though it's tough with shorter hunting hours and how the snow is. Last time I had this permit we had decent snowfall, but It was so cold that the top layer of the snow was hard as a rock. It made stalking impossible and the moose at this point were so skittish. It made for a great challenge don't get me wrong. I saw plenty of moose. Just couldn't seal the deal.
      Living the Alaskan Dream
      Gary Keller
      Anchorage, AK

Comment

Looks like I got skunked for draws in 2021...thing about a 4 wheeler hunt in Unit 21 north of FBk, but will need to find someone to go along.
        "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Comment

Originally posted by Roger45 View Post
          Looks like I got skunked for draws in 2021...thing about a 4 wheeler hunt in Unit 21 north of FBk, but will need to find someone to go along.
          I keep telling myself I need to get a four-wheeler, but Just can't pull the trigger. Still looking for the right one.
          Living the Alaskan Dream
          Gary Keller
          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X