• Show
Clear All

• Refinishing a 1959 Bear Polar recurve bow

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	2765363
    After visiting the folks over the holidays I came back with my Dad’s old Bear (Polar model) recurve bow from 1959. It’s seen minimal use, but I used to shoot it around the yard during my childhood and it lived in a corner of the garage for as long as I’ve known it. It needs a new arrow rest, it’s speckled with paint from some sprayer, has discoloration on the grip, and the varnish is peeling off in places. It still shoots fine, but I’d like to return to its glory. Does anyone in town refurb old bows?
    Attached Files

Imo, this would be the kind of project that you would gain a lot of satisfaction from doing yourself. I'm sure you could find plenty of how too info on the internet to do a proficient job. No? I also would imagine any bow shop could point you in the right direction. Good Luck!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

You might also want to, if the serial number is visible, check to see when it was made. There are collector sites out there and you might find that with the original finish, it could have some value. Just a thought. I have a Kodiak Magnum 52" 1961-1977.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/475131
      How To Date Your Fred Bear Bow (ezinearticles.com)

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

It's a nice idea to refurbish your dad's old bow, but I think that it will be better to make it by yourself and remember your youth and how you learned to shoot from the bow. It's not so hard to make all the work you have described and it will take you only a few days to make everything. The most time will take to wait till the paint will dry out. My dad also has an old bow which I had refurbished and now I am looking for a case. I have seen a lot of interesting models on hibipod.com, but it's hard to choose one. I think that soon I will choose the best model and give my dad his old bow. I hope that he will be happy.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X