Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hudge76
    replied
    Well, I didn’t get a bull, nor even see the amount of moose I thought I would. Overall, a nice hunt and I would do it again. Just wish my work schedule didn’t impact the first three weeks, and then due to personal reasons, I didn’t hunt the last three weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    so the season is over and wanted to see what people thoughts are with this permit and how this season went?

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    Originally posted by Hudge View Post

Same here. I went out the first weekend in 426 and saw two cows. Switched over to the training areas on post and have seen bulls, Made a stalk on a spike and got within 25 yards, but no clear shooting lanes. Went out the next Sunday and called in about a 30-35" bull but he never came closer than 125 yards. I haven't seen a moose the last three weeks I've been able to go out. I did miss the Tuesday after Labor Day until 25 Sept due to work though. Hoping to make it out this weekend to hunt.
    Season is almost over. Make that final push now. Good luck .

Leave a comment:

• Hudge
    replied
    Originally posted by AKbraces View Post
    I’ve been out a lot and had a couple get within range but haven’t had good shots so I decided to pass. I’m surprised how often we go out and don’t see any moose at all. We’ve mostly been hunting areas 425 and 429. Is anyone else having the same experience?
    Same here. I went out the first weekend in 426 and saw two cows. Switched over to the training areas on post and have seen bulls, Made a stalk on a spike and got within 25 yards, but no clear shooting lanes. Went out the next Sunday and called in about a 30-35" bull but he never came closer than 125 yards. I haven't seen a moose the last three weeks I've been able to go out. I did miss the Tuesday after Labor Day until 25 Sept due to work though. Hoping to make it out this weekend to hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbo View Post
    Saw a decent bull cruising the gate along the west side of the highway in on my way to work today.
    Just wondering if this warm fall we are having the reason why people with this permit are having a hard time finding moose this year.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbo
    replied
    Saw a decent bull cruising the gate along the west side of the highway in on my way to work today.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    The 420ís are better number now. Bulls are high up and people seem to do better from past. Doesnít mean on base people donít have success. Hopefully with the rutt you will see more bulls here soon. <br/> <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• akakak
    replied
    I’ve been out a lot and had a couple get within range but haven’t had good shots so I decided to pass. I’m surprised how often we go out and don’t see any moose at all. We’ve mostly been hunting areas 425 and 429. Is anyone else having the same experience?
    I'm currently in the same situation. I've been out 8 different days and have not found a single bull in 411, 412, 425, 428, or 429. I know they're around but I'm having a heck of a time tracking one down. Thankful it's a long season but really figured I'd be done by now, or at least have laid eyes on a bull. Keep showing up and eventually it'll happen is about all I can figure.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    Sent you a PM

Leave a comment:

• AKbraces
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    My friend pulled a small spike out of there yesterday, I hope others are finding success!
    <br/><br/>Nice. Been warm this season. Hopefully it will cool off soon. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jazzbo
    replied
    My friend pulled a small spike out of there yesterday, I hope others are finding success!

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    Any new updates?

Leave a comment:

• Daveinthebush
    replied
    Congratulations! You're gong to be hooked now.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    Connected today. Super fun hunt and my first archery moose!
    <br/><br/>Congrats <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X