DM424 reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzbo View Post
    Saw a decent bull cruising the gate along the west side of the highway in on my way to work today.
    Just wondering if this warm fall we are having the reason why people with this permit are having a hard time finding moose this year.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by AKbraces View Post
      I’ve been out a lot and had a couple get within range but haven’t had good shots so I decided to pass. I’m surprised how often we go out and don’t see any moose at all. We’ve mostly been hunting areas 425 and 429. Is anyone else having the same experience?
      Same here. I went out the first weekend in 426 and saw two cows. Switched over to the training areas on post and have seen bulls, Made a stalk on a spike and got within 25 yards, but no clear shooting lanes. Went out the next Sunday and called in about a 30-35" bull but he never came closer than 125 yards. I haven't seen a moose the last three weeks I've been able to go out. I did miss the Tuesday after Labor Day until 25 Sept due to work though. Hoping to make it out this weekend to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudge View Post

Same here. I went out the first weekend in 426 and saw two cows. Switched over to the training areas on post and have seen bulls, Made a stalk on a spike and got within 25 yards, but no clear shooting lanes. Went out the next Sunday and called in about a 30-35" bull but he never came closer than 125 yards. I haven't seen a moose the last three weeks I've been able to go out. I did miss the Tuesday after Labor Day until 25 Sept due to work though. Hoping to make it out this weekend to hunt.
        Season is almost over. Make that final push now. Good luck .
        Living the Alaskan Dream
        Gary Keller
        Anchorage, AK

Comment

so the season is over and wanted to see what people thoughts are with this permit and how this season went?
          Living the Alaskan Dream
          Gary Keller
          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Well, I didn’t get a bull, nor even see the amount of moose I thought I would. Overall, a nice hunt and I would do it again. Just wish my work schedule didn’t impact the first three weeks, and then due to personal reasons, I didn’t hunt the last three weeks.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X