Dm427

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dm427

Who's hunted this permit? Looking to get some general knowledge. I've hunted it during the winter season, but The fall will be different and with the moose patterns also.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Do you mean DM424? DM424 runs 9/1 through 11/15, 427 is the winter hunt.

I drew 424 as well. I have searched back through the forums and found some good info.

But I agree, any additional info would be great.

Best of luck

Comment

Oops yes dm 424. I have hunted the winter one before. Lots of fun, but really hard hunt as the snow was so crunchy it was impossible to put a good stalk on. Also, they were very skittish animals.
      I wonder if they will have this hunt this year with the virus going on.
      Living the Alaskan Dream
      Gary Keller
      Anchorage, AK

Comment

I am cautiously optimistic that they will keep the hunt, but who knows.

Fortunately have signed up for the proficiency shoot.

Comment

I am deployed at the moment and haven't been able to sign up. I need to know when I am coming home first before I can do that.
          Living the Alaskan Dream
          Gary Keller
          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Gray View Post
            I wonder if they will have this hunt this year with the virus going on.
            My understanding is the hunts are still on right now (both black bear currently, and moose/black bear this fall and winter).
            Base access is the key, not the actual hunting being open or closed.
            If you have access to the base, the hunts are still on. However, if you do not have access to the base (ie non-military
            /visitor pass) then you cannot access the base to hunt...right now. That may be tweaked soon...
            Alaska Gray should be good to go.
            If you have any questions you can call or email Mr. Hedges who is listed on the forms you received in the mail. The folks in the office are mostly hunters, too, and are there to help you. They like to see success on these hunts otherwise it would be a colossal waste of their time. However, he has no control over base closures, but he may be able to give you some insight on what may happen in the next few months, the success rate of last fall’s moose hunt, etc.

I drew the DL455 JBER black bear hunt for 2020/2021 season, so I am keeping a close eye on the developments as well. I was successful on connecting with a bear on JBER in the 2019 Spring hunt. The JBER hunt coordinators were very helpful pre and post hunt.

Comment

I seem to have lost the papers that were sent out this spring for this hunt, does anyone have a copy they could PM me? Does anyone remember what the minimum weight of arrow +BH is? was it 350 or 400?

Comment

Who went this weekend this shoot? I am curious to see how the course was. Is it still 4 targets? I was unable to make it due to a recent stroke.
                Living the Alaskan Dream
                Gary Keller
                Anchorage, AK

Comment

I have done both the Elmendorf & Ft. Rich fall hunts. Which one is this one? I will be happy to share the info I gleaned on either one. I might be able to join you as a spotter/tracker if you think that would work for you. Doing a mountain bike on either hunt is an option too.
                  "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Comment

Originally posted by Roger45 View Post
                    I have done both the Elmendorf & Ft. Rich fall hunts. Which one is this one? I will be happy to share the info I gleaned on either one. I might be able to join you as a spotter/tracker if you think that would work for you. Doing a mountain bike on either hunt is an option too.

I got the DM 424 ft rich that would be great.
                    Living the Alaskan Dream
                    Gary Keller
                    Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Gray View Post

I got the DM 424 ft rich that would be great.
                      The majority of folks hunt behind Muldoon. I was successful across the Glenn, near the Railroad tracks. I used my bike a bunch, but ended up slow driving going between locations when a moose committed suicide, i.e. it ran across the road in front of me and then game on. The interesting thing is that they tend to jump into heavy cover and freeze. A slow stalk got me there. I closed from 60 yards to 17 as there wasn't a window to shoot between the trees and stuff...
                      "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Comment

Just looked at iSportsman and noticed all the TA are closed. Is this normally the case? will Civlians have access for this hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbo View Post
                          Just looked at iSportsman and noticed all the TA are closed. Is this normally the case? will Civlians have access for this hunt?
                          They can be closed for a day to a few days for training. Normally I sportmans will give you two day window, but things can pop up and change.
                          Living the Alaskan Dream
                          Gary Keller
                          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X