Dm426/427 jber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    I hope you guys score. My experience is that the snow moves them down. Supposed to start snowing again. I had the best success towards the end of the season. When do the permits expire?
    We have until Jan 15 to hunt.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moose.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2493453Click image for larger version

Name:	Hauling Moose.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2493454 Hunted 5 days and connected with an average cow Friday in TA 429. Was about a mile from the truck and the wife helped haul the quarters in two loads. Like everyone said, the limited snow was crunchy. The recent fresh snow was great to help quite things down a bit but short lived. As temps reached 38 degrees Thursday and things began to melt then re-freeze Thursday night it was nearly as crunchy as the first week. This is my first year getting this permit after being in Alaska 11 years. Seems the moose were well scattered as I put on some significant miles in several training areas over the course of 5 days hunting hard all daylight hours.

Comment

Originally posted by AKluvr95 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]82502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82503[/ATTACH] Hunted 5 days and connected with an average cow Friday in TA 429. Was about a mile from the truck and the wife helped haul the quarters in two loads. Like everyone said, the limited snow was crunchy. The recent fresh snow was great to help quite things down a bit but short lived. As temps reached 38 degrees Thursday and things began to melt then re-freeze Thursday night it was nearly as crunchy as the first week. This is my first year getting this permit after being in Alaska 11 years. Seems the moose were well scattered as I put on some significant miles in several training areas over the course of 5 days hunting hard all daylight hours.

Congrats on your moose. I have been hunting for 11 days so far. Passed on cow/calf on day one and saw 3 today but no shot. I have put miles in on both sides of the highway. Back at it in the morning.

Comment

Good Luck to you!
          Originally posted by AkGrumpy View Post
          Congrats on your moose. I have been hunting for 11 days so far. Passed on cow/calf on day one and saw 3 today but no shot. I have put miles in on both sides of the highway. Back at it in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by AKluvr95 View Post
            Good Luck to you!
            At this point it will take luck right now. The snow/ice is so noisy there is no way to stalk one. 3 moose on Tuesday (no closer than 80 yds through the brush) and 1 bull on Wednesday (at 125 yds). So if anyone has any ideas I am all ears..

Comment

Originally posted by AkGrumpy View Post
              At this point it will take luck right now. The snow/ice is so noisy there is no way to stalk one. 3 moose on Tuesday (no closer than 80 yds through the brush) and 1 bull on Wednesday (at 125 yds). So if anyone has any ideas I am all ears..
              try talking your way into them. tending grunts every so often, slow steps lots of pauses, break twigs occasionally like a browsing moose. be amazed!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X