Went out today, Saw a few tracks, still lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went out today, Saw a few tracks, still lost

Well Went out to the Edge of 14 and in 16 a little bit today, saw a few tracks nothing cosmic but it was around what seemed to be muskeg and a few "Private Property" Signs. When I got out to where I figured was out a ways, BOOM Cabin:shot:...So.......looking for some direction willing to put in the time with a help in the right direction, area or even GPS Coord.

Archer shoot me a email not many people will give out their "honey hole" info but I can help guide you into a few areas that are "roads less traveled" (at least thats what I have been told). I have some GPS cords for my alternate area's I was planning on hunting but after careful review of my current stand locations I may be able to work something out with ya

armyroadrunner@yahoo.com

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

Google Earth will help if the location your hunting has maps you can read that are not blurry.
      "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

Yeah I pulled up Google earth and a topo program I have had for a while, after a few looks I think I may have a better working idea of what to look for. NHRA I will shoot you an email tonight. Thanks for the time fellers.

Comment

Archer sent you over that info hope it helps

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

Yeah, its a just a little more north then I was @, but Looks promising. I'll post more updates as it begins to thaw Sent some rep your way for the help, Thanks guys

Comment

Sounds good ill be up there this weekend baiting

Comment

Originally posted by ArcherFig View Post
                Well Went out to the Edge of 14 and in 16 a little bit today, saw a few tracks nothing cosmic but it was around what seemed to be muskeg and a few "Private Property" Signs. When I got out to where I figured was out a ways, BOOM Cabin:shot:...So.......looking for some direction willing to put in the time with a help in the right direction, area or even GPS Coord.
                Fig,

Good news. I posted a .kmz file on here a few weeks ago that has point locations for all the private parcels in the Mat-Su Borough. I'll attach it again for you because I'm a nice guy. All you have to do is...
                1. Launch Google Earth
                2. Click File -> Open
                3. Select the file I'm providing.
                (Beforehand, you'll need to unzip the file).

parcelpt_private.zip

I've been trying to get a smaller version of the polygon layer the borough puts out, but so far it's been too large to attach on here. Remember, each dot corresponds to a tract. It may or may not be the center, and there are definitely no lines for you to follow. It will just be a good generalization of where private property exists.
                Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X