No announcement yet.

thermacell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used them last season at my bait stand and HOLY $%#@ they are everything said above and more. I would get up in the stand and have so many bugs on me that you could count 10 in a square inch. Turn the thermacell on and within 5 minutes I couldn't even find a mesquito. They are a godsend.

Can't say enough about how well they work.

I've gone through about 30 fuel cells and maybe 60 or 70 of the flat things that go on the heating element. Twice I have had units that just stopped working. Probably a clogged fuel line or something. I always kept a backup at the stand so I just turned on the other one. When checking (at a later date) the two units that stopped working, one of them worked fine and the other one still didn't work.

I would usually get the fuel running (you can hear it) and then hit the striker four or five times. Then always shield the sun and look at the ignition light (another element) to make sure it took.

Comment

I agree with the above responses. Mine works very well unless it's windy. I still use DEET on my skin and Permetherine on the clothing (old-habits) but that thermacell is worth the few $$$ it costs. If/when mine breaks, I'll get another one.
      MyTime

Comment

Priceless! I also use the latern type on my deck at the house. They work period!
        "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Comment

Don't pay more than you need to - this link is selling refurbished olive green units (in bulk) for only $14.99 each. A bulk/group order may be worth it if folks are interested. I need a few more myself this year.
          "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt View Post
            Priceless! I also use the latern type on my deck at the house. They work period!
            You said it before I could. The porch sized version is WAAAAAYYY cheaper than the $500 Mosquito Eater I have and no propane to deal with. These little Thermacells are the shiznit!

Comment

Sign up for ThermaCELL on facebook. They are giving away 2 today. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ype=1&comments They also give out coupons on a regular basis.
              Jess
              Bait Em 907
              Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
              www.baitem907.com
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
                Don't pay more than you need to - this link is selling refurbished olive green units (in bulk) for only $14.99 each. A bulk/group order may be worth it if folks are interested. I need a few more myself this year.
                Aparently you can't get the refills from the website....Here's the email I got. They cancelled my entire order. I'll try again to order just the units. Just some FYI...

I am sorry to report that we cannot process your order for Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Refills. Thermacell contains butane gas which is prohibitively expensive to ship to Alaska. I apologize for the inconvenience, your credit card will of course not be charged.
                "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Comment

I like mine. Well enough that when the first one died, I ran to the store to get number 2. I used to sit and see how many skeeters I could kill:
                  1- in a row
                  2- at one time
                  3- in 60 seconds
                  Just to pass the time. Now I can sit and read a book if I want, and do it without a headnet.
                  Yep yep yep, I like em. I also make sure my buddy has his. That way we have a back up.
                  ARR

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X