thermacell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermacell

do any of you guys use these and do they work well i was thinking of getting one for baiting and wana make sure they work.

Best thing ever invented!! What a lifesaver it is. Keeps those pesky mosquitos away. I always have one with me while bear baiting. Especially nice when you have to skin a bear out. Highly recommended.

Comment

Really? That good?
      "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Originally posted by tailwind View Post
        Really? That good?
        Yes sir, they are. Absolutely the best thing to keep them bugs away.
        squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

I second that

blasterak Is absolutely right, best stand hunting bug deterrant ever invented. I went from having to use tons of bug dope and netting before the thermacell to literally hunting in a t shirt, and no bug dope or netting. An absolute must have item for me.

Comment

They are amazing

Who ever invented it should be a billionaire!!! I won't go without.

Comment

Works great! Only thing that can affect it is too much wind, that will blow away your umbrella of cover. In calm, it is unbeatable!

Comment

We use them out on the boat on PWS. We run three of them while anchored in the evening. No black flies and no no-see-ums. Fantastic product! I am curious if their will be long term effects on us from them. Can't be any worse than DEET, though.
                sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

I won't get in my stand without one. Fire that baby up and in just a few minutes the head net can come off. Doesn't seem to bother the bears any either :topjob:

Comment

sound good thanks guys i will go get one tommorow.

Comment

test it first

Forgot to mention
                      Dont know if anyone else has had any problems with them, but i bought 2 last year each at different times and locations that wouldnt work when i got them out to the field. The strikers wouldnt ignite, may have gotten a bad batch I dont know, but make sure you test them before you take them out. I was able to take them back and trade for working ones. I usually go through 1 and a half fuel cartridges each night I hunt so make sure you have at least 2 with you each night. Even though I got 2 lemons I still would never hunt without one.

Comment

Had the same thing last year.. must have been a bad batch. I took them back though and didn't have any problems with the replacements. +1 to blasterak's comment above (feedback given). These are ALWAYS with me now.. hunting, camping, in my boat, pack, etc. IMO they are worth their weight in gold - they work!
                        "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

Priceless if you don't have get one. buy two that way you have a back up....
                          Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

This is good to know I bought two of them after the baiting season and thought I wold try them out this year. I am glad to hear they work the bugs were so bad at my last two stations that I would have to wear a sweat shirt with the hood pulled up and a wide brimed hat to keep them from drilling through the head net in the spots that were to close to the skin. I would also have to wipe the bugs off the head net away from my face because they would be so thick I could not see through them.

Comment

At an MSRP of $17, I'm gonna get 5. Where can you get them in SC?
                              "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X