Anyone else hunting a new stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else hunting a new stand?

I'm planning on hunting a new area this year, probably go north into 16A. Tired of either too many hunters in an area or not enough bears. Anybody else pulling up stakes and hunting a new spot?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Where were yo hunting before so that I do not go in that direction as well.

Comment

Yup. It's crazy how many guys we see in the woods no matter how hard we work to get away from everybody. One of the things I miss about living near Fairbanks was the relative ease in finding solitude (and critters) without having to drive 4-5 hours or more.

Comment

Originally posted by akarrows View Post
        Where were yo hunting before so that I do not go in that direction as well.
        The valley.
        "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

I'm in 16A, its a long drive to get to my bait area but worth it to get away from other hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by blasterak View Post
            I'm in 16A, its a long drive to get to my bait area but worth it to get away from other hunters.
            Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm planning on walking my stuff in and if I can get a wheeler then I'll use that too.

Comment

:topjob:If everyone's driving far away to go hunting, I'm staying near the house!!:topjob:
              "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Comment

I have had to put up my stand in a different location this year. Someone built a cabin just under a 1/2 mile from my last one. I am planning on driveing like 2 hours away from town to get away from folks. I hope it pays off. Come on May, or at least have this darn snow melt so I can get into the woods to put up my stand.
                Hunt until you don't like it any more

Comment

Next year

I'm going to use a trail camera this year so I will know what is in the area, and if it doesn't pan out I have plans to move both stands next year.

Comment

moving my stand but I will still be in 16a going back to the place we took two bears in 2006
                    Is it opening day of duck season yet
                    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Yep I'm pulling up the stakes and moving. It was a good area lots of bears but the wind was terrible. Probably won't go far but if the wind isn't right I don't have any luck.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X