Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon of choice for spring 2011 bear baiting? Post it here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon of choice for spring 2011 bear baiting? Post it here!

I figured I'd start a thread and see what type of rifles, pistols, bows, etc, you guys and gals are taking to the woods this spring for bear baiting. I'm always interested in that type of stuff and I know others are as well.

I'll alternate between a model 70 358 Norma Mag shooting 225-grain Swift A-Frames, Bushmaster 308 Win. with TSX bullets, and perhaps my custom model 70 300 ultra mag. The 308 is going to get the nod most of the time this spring, however.

I am using my bow. I have never shot a bear and I really want to so worst case senario, will be my trusty .300 win. My bow is my first choice and will use it until I am running out of time.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Comment

This year I've decided to use my Mathews Reezen (Bow) for bear baiting, and my trusty Ruger .338 for a PWS bear if I get a chance to go out.
      27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

my 32 special if I am hunting with my brother, if I'm alone, my trusty 12 GA will get the nod, for safety sake cause I'm not hunting over bait and I wan't somehting with a little more kick when I'm alone incase I "have" to shoot a grizroud:
        Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

plus the rifleings are getting pretty screwed up in hte 32, and frankly, it doesn't group very well anymore.
          Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

I am gong to break in the 338 win mag and the 325 wsm this year. But if I get a chance I will use my bow if possible

Comment

Havent decided yet I narrowed it down between these 3 tho...

Comment

I second Chuck Norris. However as a back-up I am using my Marli Guide Gun,with Garretts 540 grn cartridges. Just mt opinion.

Comment

Bow

Bowtech allegiance with Magnus 100gr stingers.

Comment

Think I'll take the .243, with 58 gr V-Max, for those darn Varmints :whistle:

Or, be more cautious, and passing on the Cannons, I'll rely on the .270wsm,

130gr Speer just punked that guy last yr, so 110 gr Varminter ??

Awww, better go with 140gr Nosler Partition, really

Bear Down Quick, for the anti-s reading this.....
                    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Comment

For sure, go with the ninja star!

Comment

My buddy and I are both going with our 30-30's that our dad's started us out with almost 30 years ago.

Comment

If I have a chance to get out this year, I will use my .264 win mag.
                          Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Comment

.50 CVA Wolf. shooting Hornady 300 gr XTP sabots. Back up is the trusty 870 with Brenneke's or my .45 LC with 300 gr XTP's.

Comment

I only bait for bear viewing and photography purposes. You guys really shoot them?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X