Brown bear over bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown bear over bait

The way I see what ADN is saying you can now shoot brown bear over bait in 16b is this correct?
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

no
    there are stipulations
    sigpic
    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ret25yo View Post
      no
      there are stipulations
      The HOPE ROAD is exempt from all stipulations.
      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

of course it is... lol
        sigpic
        If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Years ago I knew some old fella's in Hope. in short there was NO Hope for Bears there.
          squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

im confused
            Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

Originally posted by akmike30 View Post
              im confused
              It could be worse..................you could be cocksure and be 100% wrong.
              ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by akmike30 View Post
                im confused
                Thats the point..
                sigpic

Comment

yep i agree.. you watch someone going to do it just wait.
                  Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

I'm looking for details on this as well. I saw on the news they approved some brown bear snaring in certain areas but I didn't hear anything about baiting. If anyone finds any reliable information please post a link - thanks.
                    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

it's how they snare them, you can't shoot them over bait ** .. It's just worded weird in the article.

** you can in certain circumstances
                      sigpic

Comment

"The bear control program involves issuing permits to qualified members of the public to take black bears and brown bears over bait or with foot snares in order to increase moose calf survival on the west side of Cook Inlet. Aircraft can be used to access the bait stations or snares, but not to spot and take free roaming brown bears."

copy and pasted from fish amd game web site. sounds to me like you can hunt them over bait in 16B. they did it once in the Tok area, but no longer.
                        Hunt until you don't like it any more

Comment

Man.. now I really can't wait until bear season. Here is the link jcorwin4278 quoted from. I'm going to go and talk to ADF&G tomorrow and get the rest of the details and start stocking up on used fryer oil.
                          "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

So after reading the ADF&G info, has anyone got a clearer answer on the areas that are going to be open for brownie baiting?
                            27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                            Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                            Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                            MMSI# 338232859

Comment

And what's the bag limit for browns over bait? Would be nice to be able to kill more than one.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X