The how to's of bear hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The how to's of bear hunting

Ok, I watched the video on here that shows how people do there barrels, but I am looking into doing it with out paying for a welder to do it for me. I am looking at a wire cable, for 2 reason's. First it's less expesnisive and easier to take into the feild. Second, I can get it tighter to the tree (or at least that is what I thinking). I was thinking of a way to do this and I'm not sure. I was looking into I-Bolts with big washers on the back to hold the barrel on. So here is my question, can anyone help me on my delemia? How can I secure my barrels to the tree using a wire cable and something to hold it in place? If you have pics of your barrels and how you attach them to the tree that would help. I have looked at the pics already on here and none of them answer my question. Thanks
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

if you use a bolt on lid you could put the cable between the bolt and use a bicycle type cable around te tree and use a padlock to hold that

Comment

I use a chain put it around the tree and pad lock it should work with a cable also I would think
      Is it opening day of duck season yet
      Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Originally posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
        Ok, I watched the video on here that shows how people do there barrels, but I am looking into doing it with out paying for a welder to do it for me. I am looking at a wire cable, for 2 reason's. First it's less expesnisive and easier to take into the feild. Second, I can get it tighter to the tree (or at least that is what I thinking). I was thinking of a way to do this and I'm not sure. I was looking into I-Bolts with big washers on the back to hold the barrel on. So here is my question, can anyone help me on my delemia? How can I secure my barrels to the tree using a wire cable and something to hold it in place? If you have pics of your barrels and how you attach them to the tree that would help. I have looked at the pics already on here and none of them answer my question. Thanks
        If you have a chain, you could bring it by my place and I will weld the chain to the barrel for you. Only takes a few minutes and I have a welder and plasma cutter, no charge.
        "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
          If you have a chain, you could bring it by my place and I will weld the chain to the barrel for you. Only takes a few minutes and I have a welder and plasma cutter, no charge.
          I will take u up on your offer! Once I get the chain I will PM u and get your info. Thanks stid!
          Hunt until you don't like it any more

Comment

No problem, see ya then.
            "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X