killed a nice grizzly with Jake Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killed a nice grizzly with Jake Jefferson

Just got back from a baited grizzly hunt with Jake Jefferson. This was my 2nd hunt Jake. I had a fantastic hunt. Jake & I just mesh. It was 1 liner after 1 liner-----We were laughing the whole time. We saw plenty of bears both grizzly & black bears. I don't know how I did it but I missed a BIG grizzly maybe it was because he was hitting the bait barrel just Joe Frazier-----knocking it for loop around the tree or maybe the it adrenaline rush with my heavy breathing causing my scope & eye glasses to fog. But I missed twice. Missing a bear big enough to dunk a basketball from 100 yards with a rest. But in my defense his hide was rubbed & I really did want to hunt more.

My black bear was a nice boar----his teeth were worn down. His hide was perfect & will make a real pretty rug. My grizzly was a 7' + sow. I shot her on the last night of my hunt. She also had a perfect hide & will make a beautiful rug. I've got a couple of photos. If someone can post them for me----I can email them to you. Bob

Here you go:

Comment

Thanks for posting them. That's Dale with the big brown bear. It was 113" from front paw to front paw. It has a huge head on it & had white claws. He had scars all over him. One was from the top of his shoulder to his belly----long ago healed up but still he was a fighter. An absolute tank of a bear. The brown bear I missed was the same size.

the hunt was 2x1.

If you want a quality hunt with a quality guide----give Jake a call. Black River Hunting Camps

Jake wants me to come back & do a fall hunt for grizzly bear over looking a salmon stream. It's tempting & I may just do it. Nothing like hunting Grizzly.

Comment

Say hi to Jake for us as he used to hang out here on the forum quite a bit. Guess he must of got tired of all the goins' on around here. Congrats on a good hunt with him!
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

those two bears are beauty and the beast! also... don't take this wrong... but the thighs on the fellow in the bottom pic look beast-mode as well. suppose lots of hiking and packing meat will do that!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X