6D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6D

So, Id love to plan a hunt this fall in 6D and was hoping to pick some brains on here. Is this a doable hunt without a boat? Can a boat be rented out of Whittier? Has anyone here hunted out of a service cabin within this area? Is that worth looking into? <br/><br/>I likely will only have a week to hunt but my schedule is somewhat flexible. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thank you. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you want to hunt for would help?

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
      What do you want to hunt for would help?
      <br/><br/>I forgot to write black bear in my post. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rooster85 View Post
        <br/><br/>I forgot to write black bear in my post. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It's OK I did not look up and see it was in the Bear Stands and Baiting. First no baiting that time of year. If you can get a boat after Sept 10th over there, any area near the salmon streams is going to have bears around. Many people don't hunt them around that time for just that fact. Bears eating salmon smell. The other option is spot and stalk on the higher elevations in the areas with blueberries. Much depends on the salmon runs on what the bears will be doing. No fish.... look for berries. I have seen bears that time of the year already heading up the mountains to den up. Weather, fish, berries..... a few variables. I don't know if you can rent boats over there. There is the Anchorage boaters that might be able to tell you.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
          <br/><br/>It's OK I did not look up and see it was in the Bear Stands and Baiting. First no baiting that time of year. If you can get a boat after Sept 10th over there, any area near the salmon streams is going to have bears around. Many people don't hunt them around that time for just that fact. Bears eating salmon smell. The other option is spot and stalk on the higher elevations in the areas with blueberries. Much depends on the salmon runs on what the bears will be doing. No fish.... look for berries. I have seen bears that time of the year already heading up the mountains to den up. Weather, fish, berries..... a few variables. I don't know if you can rent boats over there. There is the Anchorage boaters that might be able to tell you.
          <br/><br/>Id definitely prefer a berry bear. Would you say that this area would be best hunted in the spring before they get on fish? <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Myself, I would hunt the spring. There were a lot of nice bears taken this year.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

There are boats available for rent in Whittier. For meat quality, you'd be better off in the spring because those bears spend a couple of months eating fish. For a fall berry bear, the Kenai Mountains are a great option. You could also do a deer hunt in 6D in the fall.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X