No announcement yet.

Make bear hard candy for $6 a gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make a helluva stink bucket. New to the state but had some success baiting bears in lower48 (only for two years, got one bear).<br/><br/>I'd partner up with someone and bring the stink and hike bait!!<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

Buddying up is a good idea. Cut a lot of the workload. My buddies were nowhere to be found until I started talking about the bears and being successful! Haha I sure enjoy it but t does take a lot of time and money. Especially if you access by boat. Black-bear is one of m favorite meats!

Comment

i popped corn one time, two large trash bags of it. As it came out of the pan into a 5-gallon bucket I sprinkled it with raspberry Jell-O mix. My game camera says that I filled the barrel about 8:30 a.m. The next time in I pulled the card to see what happened. The barrel was empty, completely. And I filled it again with dog food. When I checked the data card for some reason the bear feeding did not trip the camera. But, at 6:30 p.m. I noticed the camera had turned on and the barrel was on the wrong side of the tree, empty. Somebody like the taste of it.

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
          i popped corn one time, two large trash bags of it. As it came out of the pan into a 5-gallon bucket I sprinkled it with raspberry Jell-O mix. My game camera says that I filled the barrel about 8:30 a.m. The next time in I pulled the card to see what happened. The barrel was empty, completely. And I filled it again with dog food. When I checked the data card for some reason the bear feeding did not trip the camera. But, at 6:30 p.m. I noticed the camera had turned on and the barrel was on the wrong side of the tree, empty. Somebody like the taste of it.
          hmm. I have a giant 10 gallon pot. Maybe I'll toss it in the crab cooker and pop some corn<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

I’m a popcorn fan and I pop it just like daveinthebush. Pouring in bucket let’s it cool enough that it doesn’t melt the garbage bag. I was getting cleaned out pretty fast until I modes my barrel with a bar for the bears and some chain to stop the birds. It takes some time but it’s pretty cheap if you buy it in the 25# bag from Costco. Light too!

Comment

I'll start cooking!! <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X