No announcement yet.

Bruin Sightings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out hiking in the Kenai area this weekend. I was amazed at the amount of berries from last fall still on the stems.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Bears are built to not need food as much food in the spring.
      Www.blackriverhunting.com
      Master guide 212

Comment

Had a friend see a momma brownie and cubs in upper Peters Creek on Sunday. She barked at him.

Then saw these tracks of a sow and cub playing in the snow above the Eagle River Nature Center yesterday.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_103130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	2501590

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_103028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	2501591

I've also been surprised about how many berries are hanging around from last year.

Comment

Bears are definitely moving in the Clearwater Mountains. Took a 65 mile loop 5 days ago and found 5 fresh tracks. Dens seem to be deep in the hidden valleys. A little too risky to go in and look, as avalanches were happening all over. From the lodge to Cantwell I crossed a dozen fresh tracks crossing the highway. Some may have been the same animal, but I'd guess at least 6. I was surprised at how many bears were moving down low by the Susitna River. Had one come into a wolf bait pile. Big dude! Snow is still holding great, so it's an excellent time to be out looking on snow machine. Just be careful around the slopes for avalanches. Can't wait to get the barrels out!
          Claude
          Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Comment

Looks like we are back to mid May for decent black bear hunting in the Matsu.

Comment

Originally posted by wbooth View Post
              Looks like we are back to mid May for decent black bear hunting in the Matsu.
              The wife saw a small balckie upon the RR tracks behind the house two weeks ago.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X