Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bear Bait Stations "HOPE ROAD" and lots of New GATES.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Bait Stations "HOPE ROAD" and lots of New GATES.

Just a heads-up to the approxmately 600 hunters who run bait stations along the Hope Road. The Forest Service and/or Chugach Electric are in the process of installing gates at Chugach Electric access service roads. Also expect hidden cameras for ATV operators in that section of the Chugach National Forest.
    "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Ahh yes, the migration toward turning Alaska into America... They are doing the same crap down in Cooper Landing. Read the mission statement for the NFS someday and see if you think they are following it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Forest Service used to be people's use oriented, now it is full of college boys and girls with RM and ES degrees who want to restrict people. And they carry guns to do it. I worked in North Tongass NF when it was still old guard. My dad worked in north and south Tongass and Chugach NF. It was a good up until the late 70s. I am scared of today's "rangers". Thanks Jimmy Carter, ultra federalist, for putting Alaska under the heel of the jack boot.

Comment

UP'DATE.........Most all of the gates are now installed, and for the short term they are open. These gates were installed by Chugach Electric. I would expect the gates to be closed and locked by spring or earlier summer, however I have NO information about this, just my guess.
        "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

So sad, that's what people should be protesting, but we don't.

Comment

Well the head guy for the Chugach has stated in a teleconference with the GPAA and the Alaska miners association that "I don't care what the law says what I say goes in the Chugach"
            He won't put it on paper though so it is hard to get anything done about it.
            But the reality is if these areas are off limits to motorized vehicles then those using them illegally have ruined it for the rest of us in other areas where they were legal.
            Were these service roads ever legal for the general public to use with motor vehicles?
            Or was it people tearing things up by not riding sensibly that closed them?
            "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Why would Chugach Electric do that? Law suit protection?

Comment

My understanding is that "THESE" gates were required per agreement and condition of Chugach National Forest granting a "NEW" easement to Chugach Electric for them to relocate their powerline closer to the Hope Road to facilitate maintaince (especially in the winter).

To the best of my knowledge, It has always been illegal to operate "ANY" motorized vehicle in this part of the Chugach National Forest, other than on established roads. With the exception of tracked snow machines at approved snow cover depths.

I have received warnings and have been advised that with the exception of "Private Property" it is illegal to operate an ATV even on the Hope Road, and especially on Palmer Creek Road, the only exception being if you own a valid mining operation and procure a "SPECIAL PERMIT".

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                But the reality is if these areas are off limits to motorized vehicles then those using them illegally have ruined it for the rest of us in other areas where they were legal.
                Were these service roads ever legal for the general public to use with motor vehicles?
                Or was it people tearing things up by not riding sensibly that closed them?

Comment

Originally posted by sayak View Post
                  Why would Chugach Electric do that? Law suit protection?
                  USFS requirement. The idea that their are gates on ANY USFS roads is ridiculous, I wish more people paid attention.

Comment

Oh, people pay attention! But they have been cowed into believing that the land is really not for them to use, that they are intruders, and that armed "rangers" should keep them out and behaving well. As I have said before, not the Forest Service of my dad's day or even of my youth; now more of a para-police force, and Alaskans think that is the way it SHOULD be. Tragic really.

Comment

Oh, people pay attention! But they have been cowed into believing that the land is really not for them to use, that they are intruders, and that armed "rangers" should keep them out and behaving well. As I have said before, not the Forest Service of my dad's day or even of my youth; now more of a para-police force, and Alaskans think that is the way it SHOULD be. Tragic really.
                      I just notice I typed "their" and not "there", surprised you didn't catch that!

Comment

Originally posted by limon32 View Post
                        I just notice I typed "their" and not "there", surprised you didn't catch that!

I caught it. I gave you a 90% for grammar but a 100% for content.

Comment

If they're parapolice, and

Police are all paramilitary,

Does that make the USFS paramilitary?

Or just parapolice like what police used to be before police got tanks and stormyrooper gear?

Comment

I guess I see it differently.

Comment

Assuming folks can still use the land, this will only make the bear baiting better.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X