Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical situation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hypothetical situation

    Not sure if I should ask this question in the Float hunting forum or the bear baiting forum. I'll try here first because I would like to have an expert opinion on the regulations of baiting and use of scent.

    If you were on a float hunt and you happened to have some jello mix and/or honey, marshmallows etc. could you burn them over a stove top to try to draw in a bear if you didn't have a bait site registered to the area. If not, where do you draw the line on what's ethical, legal etc. I was hunting one time and I was frying bacon and I inadvertantly attracted a black bear to my camp. I wasn't trying to bring him in, but would that be in violation. This is just a hypothetical situation and I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I am genuinely curious to hear other people's opinion on the matter. So please by all means, be open and honest. Comments and criticisms encouraged. Thanks.

  • #2
    Why not register your camping spot(s) as a bait station?

    Comment


    • #3
      Seems very easy to me.........if your cooking breakfast, lunch or dinner.......cooking normal appropiate food, then I would say you are cooking food and "NOT" baiting.

      Look the bottomline is there are billions of sq. miles of Alaska, and for all extensive practical purposes nearly zero LEO's. If a preson spends his whole life violating game laws, he has near zero chance getting caught.........."IF HE KEEPS HIS MOUTH SHUT".

      My point is that it is really your heart that you have to be at peace with. You know what your intent is. And unless it is clearly stupid like frying jello or honey at 6:45 AM.
      "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        Seems very easy to me.........if your cooking breakfast, lunch or dinner.......cooking normal appropiate food, then I would say you are cooking food and "NOT" baiting.

        Look the bottomline is there are billions of sq. miles of Alaska, and for all extensive practical purposes nearly zero LEO's. If a preson spends his whole life violating game laws, he has near zero chance getting caught.........."IF HE KEEPS HIS MOUTH SHUT".

        My point is that it is really your heart that you have to be at peace with. You know what your intent is. And unless it is clearly stupid like frying jello or honey at 6:45 AM.
        Exactly what I think!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wet eNuf View Post
          Why not register your camping spot(s) as a bait station?
          Well you could, but as stated earlier, what if it was a float hunt and you were intending to camp and/or hunt at multiple locations over a 7-10 day period of time. You can't register every campsite.

          Comment


          • #6
            Marshmallows and jello. NO. If you are using something to purposefully lure a bear through his olfactory senses, you are baiting.

            Cooking a meal over a fire and a bear comes in. You are probably fine.

            Patriot Life Member NRA
            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
            Life Member Disabled American Veterans


            Comment


            • #7
              Intentionally burning would be baiting. Cooking breakfast isn't. You can hunt over a gut pile but you cant pack the bones and guts over to your treestand

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Happily View Post
                Intentionally burning would be baiting. Cooking breakfast isn't.
                What if you ate jello, marshmallows, and honey as a topping on your pancakes?

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's definitely going to burn if you use MSR whisperlite.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                    Well you could, but as stated earlier, what if it was a float hunt and you were intending to camp and/or hunt at multiple locations over a 7-10 day period of time. You can't register every campsite.
                    Only register the ones you plan to use as bait stations.

                    Comment

                    Footer Adsense

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X