Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is bear bait station stuff FREE after the season ends......Littering?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is bear bait station stuff FREE after the season ends......Littering?????

So if a person is littering, by leaving $400.00 to $600.00 worth of tree-stands and cameras and safety harness's, ladders, barrels, etc. in the wilderness after the season closes...........is that stuff free to the good person that cleans-up the litter......??? I should think if it is abandoned...........don't we all have a obligation to clean-up the wilderness.......????

roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:roud:
    "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Probably to be considered littering, kinda like buried, or stashed caches left scattered all over the wilderness by preppers.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

One difference........You will never ever......EVER find one of "MY" caches. Never, and that is the difference.

Originally posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
      Probably to be considered littering, kinda like buried, or stashed caches left scattered all over the wilderness by preppers.

"Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        One difference........You will never ever......EVER find one of "MY" caches. Never, and that is the difference.
        Irrelevant. Stuff left in the wilderness is stuff left in the wilderness, regardless of how easy/hard it is to find.

Comment

Hmmm, sounds like a challenge to me... Anyone up for a little road trip with a metal detector? :topjob:

Comment

Sounds like a chicken s*** way to get "free" stuff. Yes it should be out and I may agree if one left it weeks after the closing but even then I think it's chicken.

Comment

Never say never, so it's not ok to leave something you want of others but everyone better stay away from yours right?

Comment

If you can't find any of my caches...........then they only exist in your head. If you insist that they exist, but you can't prove it........they have padded rooms at API for people who are sure things exist that don't exist. NOW that is different than my taking you to a bear bait station that is still being used a week after the season has closed. See you can't find any of my caches, they only exist in your mind. And no one else can find them. If you can't find them and they exist ONLY in your belief system.........it is NOT littering, now is it......????

Originally posted by mooneyman View Post
                Never say never, so it's not ok to leave something you want of others but everyone better stay away from yours right?

Comment

Hmmm... Spent a day up Colorado Creek recently, found a stash. Didn't touch anything.

Comment

If you can't find any of my caches...........then they only exist in your head. If you insist that they exist, but you can't prove it........they have padded rooms at API for people who are sure things exist that don't exist. NOW that is different than my taking you to a bear bait station that is still being used a week after the season has closed. See you can't find any of my caches, they only exist in your mind. And no one else can find them. If you can't find them and they exist ONLY in your belief system.........it is NOT littering, now is it......????
                    I do like padded rooms....
                    You have presented this as you doing the right thing, but I think you are just trying to justify steeling someone's stuff. Now if you know of a active station after then end of the season then why not just call the troopers? I am sure they would solve the problem for you.

Comment

If you know of a crime being committed, but do not report it; does that make you an accessory, which is also a crime?

Comment

I think AGL4now is just stirring up the pot so to speak. We have this discussion every year about this time and some people get fairly wound up about it.
                        AGL4now don't be so certain we could not find your caches. You might hide them good bit some of us are good at finding things.
                        2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                          Hmmm... Spent a day up Colorado Creek recently, found a stash. Didn't touch anything.
                          Would be pretty funny to move a found cache a few yards away with a note left in the original location with directions.....not that I would ever do anything so ornery. LOL... except maybe if I knew who the cache belonged to.

Also - baiting continues to be open for predator control permit holders in some units..check the regs for exact info...
                          Taxidermy IS art!
                          www.alaskawildliferugs.com
                          Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

I don't know that there is anything prohibiting leaving a stand up. I thought about doing that for some early season predator calling this fall so I didn't have to predator hunt with my .375...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The stuff left in the woods after season is still some ones stuff. It may be illegal and that stuff is what the troopers would use for a citation. There may be a good reason it was left and not able to be cleaned up , a family emergency, illness, any number of things. They may have even contacted the troopers to tell them they would be late cleaning it up. Messing with it or deciding to steal it which is how it sounds that close after season is deplorable.
                              A couple years ago in unit 13 about 34 miles in we broke a power steering pump and axle on a 1950's something military jeep style hunting buggy. We had to leave it because there was no way to tow it out and it was starting to snow. We left it all winter. We got back there first thing in the spring with the parts and no one had touched anything including some of the gear we left in it like a wall tent stoves etc. I am sure people saw it all winter and even at the beginning of spring and they did what was right .
                              I know people steal unattended things and people abandon things. But as for me I just leave others stuff alone and have never regretted it. Now I have found a knife out in the woods that looked to have been dropped on a trail several years prior and kept that.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X