Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rock knocker View Post
    Yes. But you don't spread more bait around their camp
    Give me a break...they camped 50 yards from the bait stand, the bait was there BEFORE they chose to camp, the bait is 'already' spread around their camp, if they continue to camp 'knowing' the bait is a mere 50 yards away, they most likely want to shoot a bear off someone elses bait. ( Or maybe they are the Timothy Treadwell type. )

Comment

Originally posted by Wet eNuf View Post
      Whether there first or not, Why bait so close to the trail?
      Like I said in my original post not the best location. The trail dead ends no where for anyone to go and nothing to do back there. They however camped right next to a bright colored black bear baiting sign.

Comment

On another note, I wish my buddy had taken pictures of them and reported them. They left trash and a pretty big slightly spread out down the trail mess of toilet paper and other waste. Pretty sad that people are too lazy to haul out what they don't burn. Plus having a fire last weekend was stupid of them anyways.

Comment

I suspect that they are protesting it in some fashion, they may move on due to some sleepless nights, as for baiting around the camp, that was more of a want to do than really would. I did mention calling the troopers as well, that would be my first move.
          You have pics of the guy and you could still give those to the troopers as well.

Comment

They left sometime Monday or late Sunday. I sat the bait the last 2 nights. There was fresh tracks through the trail since the campers left. But nothing has touched the bait since we rebaited it. Did burns both nights for about 2 hours. I'd rather not call them in. I just wished I would have been around I would have made them leave. My partner wasnt really sure what we could do. The only pics I have are of the guys back and the dogs.

Comment

Well they probably were out for the long week3nd like 50000 other folks just for fun or they could be trying to stop people from bear hunting. Either way they must be from the lower 48.
              Semper Fi!

Comment

You've gotta be about an idiot to camp next to an active bait site. If not for the common courtesy of not interfering with a hunter for the simple fact that well idk it's an ACTIVE BAIT SITE! They deserved to get their camp tossed by a pissed off sow grizzly if you ask me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It wasn't Billy Brown and the gang, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Taker View Post
                    It wasn't Billy Brown and the gang, was it?
                    Beat me to it... they's on the move. Likely thought the camera was for them.

Comment

Other than the fact that some people are Stupid,(camping near a marked Bear Bait station) but to answer one question about the dog. As I'm pretty deaf, i almost always take my dog in with me when stocking and working with my Bait stand. The only time i don't take the dog is when i'm going to set up in the stands. The bears don't seem to give a hoot about that dog they just care that i've stocked up the dinner barrel.
                      I do understand the frustration of people on your bait station, But i live by the rule of working hard to get away from easy access. If someone walks by my Bait station there is no mistake what they are doing...

Comment

I would call the troopers anyway and make a report over the phone.
                        They will tell you if they think it is hunter harrassment or not. This also documents the incident so if they continue to camp there throughout the season and do other things to ruin your hunt you will have a track record of the harassment.
                        Just my opinion.
                        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X