Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does adfg and troopers handle this issue concerning military

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how does adfg and troopers handle this issue concerning military

    Concerning the regulations allowing brown bears to be taking over at a black bear bait station..
    A lot of military bait for black bears. Are they considered residents that do not
    need a guide or are they non residents that need a guide.I hope non of our military get a ticket.
    Are they residents just because they have been here a year and have orders. I was just wondering.
    Maybe someone knows the answer and it will help some soldiers.

  • #2
    I will attempt to get the ball rolling on this; the way I read it is AD Military needs to be on station here for at least one year to become a "resident" in F&G's eyes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 4.58.17 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	2491658
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

    Comment


    • #3
      But as far as guiding goes, I do not believe you need one for Blacks; only sheep, grizz, and goat..

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 5.01.26 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2491659

      Notice the stars (if you can make out) in the pic.
      I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

      Comment


      • #4
        well I think that is a good answer my concern was with brown bears and if they have been here a year it looks like they are residents

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by blackbear View Post
          well I think that is a good answer my concern was with brown bears and if they have been here a year it looks like they are residents
          I miss read your original post, for some reason I missed where you stated browns. My bad
          I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

          Comment


          • #6
            Military or not, once you meet the residency requirements, you're good to go.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
              Military or not, once you meet the residency requirements, you're good to go.
              Yeah and then that person has to file for residency in Alaska with no dual residency..... You're not just grandfathered into the system...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AKRecurveAssassin View Post
                Yeah and then that person has to file for residency in Alaska with no dual residency..... You're not just grandfathered into the system...
                What part of "meet the residency requirements" is confusing you?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I believe that one year (365 days) from the day that you get an ALASKA drivers license, the state considers you a resident. No "filing" for residency that I'm aware of...
                  I believe that "only to qualify for a PFD", you need to be here 1 full "calendar" year.

                  Clear as mud?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    On top of all that, you cannot have ANY benefits towards another state. Such as being registered to vote in another state or getting resident property tax exceptions from another state.
                    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                      I believe that one year (365 days) from the day that you get an ALASKA drivers license, the state considers you a resident. No "filing" for residency that I'm aware of...
                      I believe that "only to qualify for a PFD", you need to be here 1 full "calendar" year.

                      Clear as mud?
                      You don't necessary need a drivers license. I was told by fish and game I was good to go. I did everything but get my license my first year here. I didn't realize I couldn't get a license in my village and spent the school year here without an Alaska one. However I didn't use my GA license for any out of state benefits.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
                        You don't necessary need a drivers license. I was told by fish and game I was good to go. I did everything but get my license my first year here. I didn't realize I couldn't get a license in my village and spent the school year here without an Alaska one. However I didn't use my GA license for any out of state benefits.
                        Interesting. I don't quite understand that if some type of AK identification isn't present, then how can someone from another state be considered a resident? Fish n Feathers told you that? Granted, we all know that some things and sometimes, out in the villages/bush, rules can and do get bent to accommodate. Yukon C, please take no offense in that. I'm glad it worked for you even though it doesn't make sense to me. Lol...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I had orders a year and an AK license when I spoke to the Troopers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                            Interesting. I don't quite understand that if some type of AK identification isn't present, then how can someone from another state be considered a resident? Fish n Feathers told you that? Granted, we all know that some things and sometimes, out in the villages/bush, rules can and do get bent to accommodate. Yukon C, please take no offense in that. I'm glad it worked for you even though it doesn't make sense to me. Lol...
                            Nothing in statute requires state drivers license or id. Proof of residency is required if you're investigated; rental agreements, phone bills, electric, fuel receipts, airline ticket, etc, showing a string of residency and the beginning date of your residency. Statutory language is what matters, not what someone thinks it should be. Per fish and game webpage: Full statute:

                            According to AS 16.05.415 residency requirements, section C follows: (c) A person who is a member of the military service or the United States Coast Guard is a resident for the purposes of AS 16.05.330 - 16.05.430 if the person has been stationed in the state for the 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the application for a license. This subsection does not apply to a person who establishes and maintains residency in the state under (a) and (b) of this section. The statute does not require military personnel on station in Alaska to give up residency elsewhere to be a resident of this state for purposes of hunting, as it is written in the statute.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                              Interesting. I don't quite understand that if some type of AK identification isn't present, then how can someone from another state be considered a resident? Fish n Feathers told you that? Granted, we all know that some things and sometimes, out in the villages/bush, rules can and do get bent to accommodate. Yukon C, please take no offense in that. I'm glad it worked for you even though it doesn't make sense to me. Lol...
                              No worries. I understand. When we moved up here we spent a day in anchorage shopping. Red eye flight into anchorage. Shopping then trip next morning to bush. I had no idea what I was getting into. I tried getting my license in my village after being told I could get an ID in the village (tribal ID...not state). I left village in October after my mother passed away unexpectedly (ID was last thing on my mind). Then when I tried to get my license the following august (spent one day in ANC in May before heading south) I didn't have my birth certificate. So no license until October. However when I applied for my hunting license I met requirements b/c I had a lease and utility bill and registered car and job contract and registered to vote. I explained why I didn't have a license and they were understanding of it all. I was shocked but I didn't useful GA license for any resident privilege. I do not get a pfd. At least I don't think I will. But I didn't even know about a pfd until February of this year after living here for almost two years.

                              My my excuse for the length of time was I was to cheap to spend $1000 for a trip to the dmv. Fish and game told me no worries as long as I could show proof of residency. Which I could. Another reason I didn't want to give up the GA license was because I had a lifetime license (Vfw benefit).

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X