No announcement yet.

Black bear baiting around Chickaloon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black bear baiting around Chickaloon??

Just wondering how the bear baiting around Chickaloon is?

Nobody out there has any info?? Must be a hot spot!

Comment

It could be, I guess. I lived in the valley my whole life and never considered going up there for baiting or anything else for that matter. Pointless, anyways. Most of it is all native land and the natives up there have been known to be restless at times . . . They're not afraid to discharge firearms from time to time, though, luckily they ain't accurate. Oh, my brethern.

Comment

I have a picture of a bear I got up there a day or two ago... parked the truck initially I thought I stumbled upon some sort of meth lab but realized unregistered bait site that really looked like crap anyhow I stumbled upon a bear.. Me I would not go back out there... Seems kind of run down out thier like Butte..

Comment

It is pretty run down. But I doubt that affects the bears much. I only know that lots of the land up there is "private" in one way or another. I'm sure there's bears though. I would be very careful not to tresspass. People that like to live alone are alone for a reason, best not to find out...

Comment

Originally posted by fishingyoda View Post
            It is pretty run down. But I doubt that affects the bears much. I only know that lots of the land up there is "private" in one way or another. I'm sure there's bears though. I would be very careful not to trespass. People that like to live alone are alone for a reason, best not to find out...
            DITTO.......Plus one....those people are phobic about trespassers on their land. And I agree with their right. (I would never say so in public, but I think there should be a bounty on trespasser).
            ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

I've got a pal that baits up that direction. Only pictures from his cam are a couple different browns. In the past, I've eaten blackie meat they've taken from that area.
              Go Big Red!

Comment

Originally posted by 323 View Post
                I have a picture of a bear I got up there a day or two ago... parked the truck initially I thought I stumbled upon some sort of meth lab but realized unregistered bait site that really looked like crap anyhow I stumbled upon a bear.. Me I would not go back out there... Seems kind of run down out thier like Butte..
                Did you hear any banjo music up there??

Comment

I had about 20 different blackies on my bait stations up there last year, started hitting on the 16th of May. We took three of them off of two baits in June. This year, nothing as of yet. Well nothing other than moose anyhow.

Yes, most of the land is private and no they don't like trespassers.

Good luck.
                  -Caleb-

Comment

Originally posted by kalenderli
                    studies are very successful. has done a good job.
                    What does this mean?
                    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

its a fake poster. I don't know why they do it. weird.
                      the mods will delete it.
                      "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Originally posted by tailwind View Post
                        its a fake poster. I don't know why they do it. weird.
                        the mods will delete it.
                        I finally caught on after reading another post saying the same thing. Some people have too much time on their hands!
                        http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X