Is it a shooter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a shooter?

I have some good shots of a few bears hitting my station. I'll show a series of pictures, with pauses between, to get some feedback. Hopefully this will be a fun exercise in judging (bears, not other hunters' opinions roud: ) Here's the first one: Shooter or not?
    Attached Files

LOL anything is with the way my season is going

Comment

bein as that i love me some bear meat... any bear that has left its momma is a shooter

Comment

k, goin from what dad has taught me, you can see daylight under it, not a "saggy" belly, ears seem kinda pointy, not a lotta mass.

I would prolly shoot it, not big by any means. if I had others hitting, I would hold out, if it was close to the end of baiting season, and it was th only one hittin, shoot it
        Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Meat bear.

Comment

its a shooter.... except... it looks like little cub legs behind her?

Comment

I am guessing about 5' but I also see some small legs on her far front shoulder. But if not for the one cub I see I would shoot her. No one picture shows the whole story. My guess is there is a second little one real close by.

Comment

kinda looks like the hump behind her next to the tree is a little head

Comment

Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
                  I have some good shots of a few bears hitting my station. I'll show a series of pictures, with pauses between, to get some feedback. Hopefully this will be a fun exercise in judging (bears, not other hunters' opinions roud: ) Here's the first one: Shooter or not?
                  No! thats a sow with a cub behind her.

Comment

Great feedback- keep em coming!

Comment

Here's photo #2: what about this bear?

Comment

Young bear. If after a nice rug probably not. Looks like a small rub spot or somethig on the front left shoulder. And one picture doesn't tell the story.

Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
                        Here's photo #2: what about this bear?

Comment

Let them grow, unless you want a meat bear.
                          "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

I'm a horrible judge of bears, but pic.2 seems a little small to me. I would pass, and encourage him to come back for seconds and thirds....

Comment

just over 4' bear- how hungry are you? lol

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X