Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Bear, Check!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First Bear, Check!!!

    Got my first bear today, and here is how it went down. My buddy and I went in this morning to check the stand and noticed very little sign. Checked the trail camera to notice, zero pics. I must have shut it off before we left and didnt realize it. So we decided to re-bait it and just "see" what happens. After we bait it we leave for a couple of hours and came back to check it again. We noticed that it had been hit, and my buddy looked up and saw something running. He thought it was a wolverine, or porcupine. We check the trail camera, this time I knew it was on, and saw a bear. So I had my buddy go get my bow, and as we are talking and I'm in my stand, behind my buddy I saw the bea running about 20 yards aaway. So I tell him to get in the stand and I will use my rifle. After a short showing from the bear, I shot. The rest is history! Here is some pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00830.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	2509756Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00834.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	2509757
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

  • #2
    Congratulations on your first bear.
    Last edited by stid2677; 05-28-2011, 10:28.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

    Comment


    • #3
      Congrats guys!!!

      Steve
      "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow, it is a cinnamon bear too. Bonus. Good job.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was going to comment or start a thread on cinnamon bear numbers this is the second one taken at this site in 2 weeks cinnamons are kind of rare this way and to get 2 in the same spot I wonder if they were related

          Comment


          • #6
            Cool, nice looking bear!
            US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

            To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks exactly the same color as one I shot on the South side of the Tanana River a few years back. I believe this color is much more abundant on the Tanana flats, south side of the river. Is that where you were?

              Comment


              • #8
                Good Bear...way kool with it being a cinnamon phase.
                "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nice Job, Killed a decent 6'7'' cinnamon on the Tanana May 15th myself

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Aviator13 View Post
                    Looks exactly the same color as one I shot on the South side of the Tanana River a few years back. I believe this color is much more abundant on the Tanana flats, south side of the river. Is that where you were?
                    No, I shot him up north. Like BSJ said, this is the second bear that was taken from the same spot in within 10 days of each other that look the same. Stid was saying he thought that were brothers, which is perfectly possible. I am stoked that it is my first bear, now I just need to keep up the hard work to get more!
                    Hunt until you don't like it any more

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Congrats on the first of many bears!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nice bear...congrats!!
                        2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          congrat on the bear
                          Is it opening day of duck season yet
                          Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thats awesome man!! And a phase color bear too boot....way to go!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That's a Beautiful Bear there Corwin, Nice job, Congrats

                              thanks for the pics and story also
                              Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X