Yetna Bait Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yetna Bait Station

Stumbled upon a bait station on the Yetna while leaving mine yesterday. I never saw it until I saw the bait. Yours had popcorn under a big stump and air freshners hanging on a string. If it's yours, I'm sorry. But Glad I found out someone is baiting about 400 yards away from me. Good luck. PM me if ya want details on mine.

Rob
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I had the same thing happen to me last weekend while walking a moose trail to my GPS coordinates. So far this season I've stumbled across five bait stations while hiking and scouting. To make matters worse, I hiked cross-country over 1/2 mile through Devil's club only to learn someone had just set a stand within 50 yards where I registered a site. I never would have guessed there were that many bait stations on the Yetna.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

I know some guys that bait on the Yetna.

Comment

I don't mind the bait stand being close at all. It would be nice to meet up and know about eachother. The bad part is now I had to figure a new route back to my stand. The 1/2 mile hike sucked before, but i think I found a better way in without interupting thier stand. Maybe a little bit easier hike too.

I know a cople guys that bait up there too.
        27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
        Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
        Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
        MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Originally posted by robbentler View Post
          I know a cople guys that bait up there too.
          Yea but they all quit!
          Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Comment

Fuel prices?
            "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X