Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can an AK. State Trooper do about illegal bait stands....?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What can an AK. State Trooper do about illegal bait stands....?

    What can any Alaska State Trooper do about an illegal Bear Bait Station......? Would someone please tell me.......? Here is my deal you convince me they can do anything, and I'll call them. Now that is fair.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

  • #2
    Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    What can any Alaska State Trooper do about an illegal Bear Bait Station......? Would someone please tell me.......? Here is my deal you convince me they can do anything, and I'll call them. Now that is fair.
    They will bring the matter of Legality into the situation. Granted they may be able to catch the perp but they would be able to deter if their presence is known.
    -Caleb-

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Noble Killer View Post
      They will bring the matter of Legality into the situation. Granted they may be able to catch the perp but they would be able to deter if their presence is known.
      OK, but if the station is illegal, and there are no signs, all the Trooper can do is leave a nice NOTE. The illegal baiter walks away, leaving his two barrels, his tree house, bread wrappers. And starts all over two miles down the road.
      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

      Comment


      • #4
        Couple different things can happen...........
        1. Violator is cited
        2. bait station is removed
        3. bait station is brought up to code
        4. bait station is abandoned and "free barrel advertising" starts
        Any of the above situations are better than walking past these illegal stations every day getting pissed and posting on this forum.
        "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Grizzly Man View Post
          Couple different things can happen...........
          1. Violator is cited
          2. bait station is removed
          3. bait station is brought up to code
          4. bait station is abandoned and "free barrel advertising" starts
          Any of the above situations are better than walking past these illegal stations every day getting pissed and posting on this forum.
          I want to KNOW How a citation is issued. And why would the Alaska State Troopers bring it UP to code.

          I really want to know how you cite the owner of a tree house & two steel barrels if there is "NO" posting of signs or posting of any kind. What does you do send the tree to jail......? Really what can they do........?

          See I think the ONLY baiter they can cite is one who has tried to do everything correctly, and made one small error. Tell me and I'll call Trooper Cooper.
          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

          Comment


          • #6
            call trooper ackton in cooper landing and I can tell you he will track the people down and cite them

            Comment


            • #7
              You oughta tie one of your geese to the tree. That'll bring the Trooper running.
              Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blackbear View Post
                call trooper ackton in cooper landing and I can tell you he will track the people down and cite them
                HOW....That is what I want to know........How. Just tell me how.
                "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                Comment


                • #9
                  probably patrols the area lots, writes down times, vehicles license numbers, maybe hides a game cam near a illegal barrel and waits for the owner to return.
                  Semper Fi!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                    HOW....That is what I want to know........How. Just tell me how.
                    Call the trooper and ask him what he would do. That would be a whole lot better than asking us (non troopers) what or how a trooper would handle the situation.
                    -Caleb-

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What is your objective here? You know what the right thing to do is, and people on here have told you repeatedly what to do and how to do it. I'm trying to figure you out. I thought you wanted more bears dead in your area. Many people offered to help you out with that. You did even reply to some. So now you're taking nature walks through people's bait stations pissing and moaning that everyone is illegal, however refuse to do anything about it. Again, what are you trying to accomplish when you post the same stuff on every baiting thread?
                      "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wow.. AGL's back and appears to be doing the same thing again all over again. It must be really boring down in Hope/Sunshine this time of year.
                        "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just call and see what they tell you. They will do something like posted above put up a trail camera. If they do nothing then I will say you are right in doing nothing but until you call you will never know.
                          Is it opening day of duck season yet
                          Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            http://www.wolfsongnews.org/news/Ala...ents_2463.html

                            "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              also it is a crime to not report a crime. In some cases (at least from what you have said about the bait sites) could or possibly could qualify them as a felony violation. So in turn you are committing a crime for failure to notify authorities of a felony crime.

                              "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X