"bear bait station sign"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "bear bait station sign"

just curious to see what everyone elses signs look like. Did you put any "fine print" like entering area poses a risk to yourself and others. here are what mine look like nothing too fancy.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

nice looking sign
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

85% of the Bear Bait Stations around here make two copies of their permit, and then nail it to a tree with a small finishing nail. First wind or first rain it is gone. 5% put up a hand made sign, made out of old plywood. 10% put the copies of the permits in a Zip-lock bag and tack to a tree. However this only refers to the 70% that even register their station.
      "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        85% of the Bear Bait Stations around here make two copies of their permit, and then nail it to a tree with a small finishing nail. First wind or first rain it is gone. 5% put up a hand made sign, made out of old plywood. 10% put the copies of the permits in a Zip-lock bag and tack to a tree. However this only refers to the 70% that even register their station.
        I made one copy and bagged it and stapled it to a piece of plywood along with the sign fin & feather gave me that they were handing out a couple years ago. Bagged it too and it's still in good shape and stapled to the plywood too. Board is lagged to the tree.

Comment

Could you please cite a reference for your statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by AKF View Post
            Could you please cite a reference for your statistics.
            YES, I can. I have two eye balls, they work just fine. I have two legs, they can and sometimes walk 25/30 miles per day; However my daily hikes are 4 to 7 miles per day in the summer and 2 to 4 miles per day in the winter. That is my "Reference". If you are a gambling man, I'll give you even odds, and bet you straight up to say $1,000.00 cash. (Note: One of my daily hikes is up or down the Chugach Electric Powerline, 86.527% of all Bear Bait Stations in this area are less than 150 yards off the powerline). Said powerline is in the Chugach National Forest.......It is "Illegal" for Bear Baiter's to operate a motorized vehicle on or off the powerline, or any of the access (Service) roads to said powerline.
            "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Nice sign, mine just says "Caution black bear bait site ahead" with a picture of a bear on it. Ziplocked and stapled to a tree.

Comment

YES, I can. I have two eye balls, they work just fine. I have two legs, they can and sometimes walk 25/30 miles per day; However my daily hikes are 4 to 7 miles per day in the summer and 2 to 4 miles per day in the winter. That is my "Reference". If you are a gambling man, I'll give you even odds, and bet you straight up to say $1,000.00 cash. (Note: One of my daily hikes is up or down the Chugach Electric Powerline, 86.527% of all Bear Bait Stations in this area are less than 150 yards off the powerline). Said powerline is in the Chugach National Forest.......It is "Illegal" for Bear Baiter's to operate a motorized vehicle on or off the powerline, or any of the access (Service) roads to said powerline.
                As has been said dozens of times to you, if you see illegal activity then report it. Trooper Cooper is checking every registered station in unit 7. Let me know if you need his number.

Until then keep your constantly negative posts to yourself. I'm tiring of your double talk.

Comment

As has been said dozens of times to you, if you see illegal activity then report it. Trooper Cooper is checking every registered station in unit 7. Let me know if you need his number.

Until then keep your constantly negative posts to yourself. I'm tiring of your double talk.
                  Please Explain what Trooper Cooper can Do......? Really I really want to know what he can do, tell me.......? Your personal thoughts about me are your problem, deal with them. The Trooper can Do ZILCH, nothing, zero, nadda.

Comment

A picture is a thousand words.
                    Nice job on the sign.
                    Bears must like reading signs too. It seems every sign posted over the years gets visited by a bear and gets pulled off.
                    a few years ago, I bungee corded my friends sign for him with 2 nice cords and also stapled to tree.
                    it was laying on the ground a week later with marks from a bear visit.
                    wind does pull some signs off, but bears or some other creature helps the signs off the tree's too..
                    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskacanoe View Post
                      A picture is a thousand words.
                      Nice job on the sign.
                      Bears must like reading signs too. It seems every sign posted over the years gets visited by a bear and gets pulled off.
                      a few years ago, I bungee corded my friends sign for him with 2 nice cords and also stapled to tree.
                      it was laying on the ground a week later with marks from a bear visit.
                      wind does pull some signs off, but bears or some other creature helps the signs off the tree's too..
                      Someone should make up a sign with a pic of a nice girly bear. Bears probally get Horney and hang around longer.

Comment

Does Trooper Cooper have special powers.......? If someone registers a station at mile 12 Hope Road, That station is somewhere in a (4) Four square mile area, that is (111,513,600 Square feet of space) Note: That 111 "Million" S.F. of wilderness. I will bet my life that there is no way in hell for Trooper Cooper to find even a large fraction of the "Registered" Legal Bait Stations.

"Trooper Cooper is checking every registered station in unit 7" Yea right, in your dreams.

Comment

AGL your thread is <----- way please stop "baiting" my thread as you did not register to "bait" (AKA TROLL) this area and I may have to get a trooper involved /end sarcasm

Kinda tired of seeing many "quality" threads **** on by you attempting to troll. If you are really that unhappy about things GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.. stop being a lookie lou.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

Originally posted by blasterak View Post
                            Nice sign, mine just says "Caution black bear bait site ahead" with a picture of a bear on it. Ziplocked and stapled to a tree.
                            I took 7 of them from F&G in Palmer and along with my registration, had them laminated at UPS in Meadow Lakes for $13. They staple nicely to the trees
                            "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

Originally posted by NhraFox View Post
                              AGL your thread is <----- way please stop "baiting" my thread as you did not register to "bait" (AKA TROLL) this area and I may have to get a trooper involved /end sarcasm

Kinda tired of seeing many "quality" threads **** on by you attempting to troll. If you are really that unhappy about things GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.. stop being a lookie lou.
                              Is that your FINAL answer........? And You DO NOT own the threads that you start...................So SORRY.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X