No announcement yet.

Unit 16A off the parks Hwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably one of the most heavily baited areas in the Mat-Su. Easy to keep a mile from structures and lots of access points. Still plenty of bears, but lots of baits. I pulled out of hunting there several years ago, but I may be back next year as my other spots haven't panned out.

Trooper Valentine is a good guy if you follow the rules.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

+1 on Trooper Valentine. I knew him back when he was just out of HS. He is a standup guy.

Comment

Originally posted by pike_palace View Post
        Ya I'm Colin we played football together at houston a few years back and you are pretty good friends with matt lindsay, as am I.
        Oh right on man. How is your season going?

Comment

Originally posted by caseymarre View Post
          Oh right on man. How is your season going?
          It's slow. It's a new stand and it hadn't been hit as of Wednesday afternoon. So just trying to be patient and let things develop. I saw your pics of that sow a day or so back, great to see some bears are coming out and about.
          "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

any hits yet??

Comment

Fig ill let you know this weekend shoot me a text so I can fill you in 253-579-9071 im heading up after work

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

Originally posted by AKDoug View Post
                Probably one of the most heavily baited areas in the Mat-Su. Easy to keep a mile from structures and lots of access points. Still plenty of bears, but lots of baits. I pulled out of hunting there several years ago, but I may be back next year as my other spots haven't panned out.

Trooper Valentine is a good guy if you follow the rules.
                Yeah its way to populated with hunters. You should not come back.

Comment

Lots of room for all of us...especially since I'm only 10 miles away and can hunt it every night on $4.00 of gas
                  Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

Will do NHRA, as far as 4.00 in gas I am more then jealous.

Comment

Is anybody having any hits up there yet? I'm heading up this afternoon. It's going to be my last chance for a while.

Comment

Haven't looked yet letting it sit a little longer then going to go check it out prob during the week...F&&* Work

Comment

I'm sitting on my stand right nownothing yet I'm going to stay a few hours and then I'll leave it till I can get back from work in a few weeks. Hopefully only 2

Comment

I'm sitting on my stand right nownothing yet I'm going to stay a few hours and then I'll leave it till I can get back from work in a few weeks. Hopefully only 2

Comment

no big hits at my site yet either yoda, Spoke to the locals and they have reports of the cabins being hit in the bush. Only sign I had was a 3/4 eaten bait ball (most likely a moose) and a small claw mark on the barrel (not sure if it was a wolverine or a small bruin). added a ton of baitem's stuff to the area today will check back next weekend with the top secret weapon.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

Checked my site today, no hits but just what I expected. Only had it up for 4 days will check it again in a week and a half or so. I usually get hits the last week of May anyways. I generally don't even hunt my stand until the first week of June, usually kill a bear or two than. Good luck all!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X