Polly Creek Clamming and Homer Winter King Derby Twofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polly Creek Clamming and Homer Winter King Derby Twofer

Curious--has anyone tried running over to Polly Creek during the week surrounding the Winter King Derby? Looks like some decent tides around the end of March--if the marine weather is decent, is that a good time to give it a shot (historically, weather-wise)?
    Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

I have dug there in April, but not in March. Yet.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
      I have dug there in April, but not in March. Yet.
      Thanks! I guess we'll see if the last week in March works.
      Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

King Derby is moved to April apparently <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

Originally posted by hoose35 View Post
          King Derby is moved to April apparently <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Looks like you're right. Bummer, that interferes with the shrimp opener!

Comment

John Swiss, who's family set net fishes at Polly Creek used to follow the tides out all winter and dig clams through the skim ice. The key is digging the tides as they get lower from day to day so the sand isn't frozen. If you try to dig building tides, the sand will be frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by mark knapp View Post
              John Swiss, who's family set net fishes at Polly Creek used to follow the tides out all winter and dig clams through the skim ice. The key is digging the tides as they get lower from day to day so the sand isn't frozen. If you try to dig building tides, the sand will be frozen.
              Good info. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post

Good info. Thanks!
                No problem.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X