Shrimp in Seward / Resurrection Bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp in Seward / Resurrection Bay?

Hi there, I’m having trouble interpreting the regs and the map for “North Gulf Coast” shrimping. Could anyone help me out, can I shrimp inside Resurrection Bay? Is it worthwhile? I have a smaller boat, I’m rarely in Seward. But my wife wants to visit for one day next weekend, and wants to put the boat in the water to putt around the bay. With the North Gulf Coast permit, can I drop a pot around the bay somewhere close? No further than Fox Island. Thanks much

Yes you can shrimp the bay. I have set pots in the bay before on the way out to kill some halibut. We weren't super serious and our results showed, maybe a couple quarts of tails. I'm sure there are decent spots in the bay I just haven't poked around much. Iv'e been thinking of trying some more sets out that way though. I think you can still fish 5 pots in that area.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. We’re only going to be out there for 1 overnight, but I figure it’s worth a shot! Going to try to find a 500 ft hole and see what happens. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kbskinny11 View Post
        Thank you for your reply. We’re only going to be out there for 1 overnight, but I figure it’s worth a shot! Going to try to find a 500 ft hole and see what happens. Thanks
        You ever try it? Any luck? I might be stuck in Seward the rest the summer and am curious

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X