No announcement yet.

Issues with Electra-Dyne puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled the breaker and went direct, on the first pull after installing it.
    Been running that hauler, technically since before Steve was the vendor (bought mine from E-dyne) and have never had an issue hooked direct, cept for that one pull.

now, the rest of the story. I have it connected to a dedicated group 32 mastercraft agm and carry a generator which gets used every 2nd or 3rd day. Wouldnt rely on the 90 amp Honda alternator. Im running #2 wire and the run between battery and hauler is less than 10 ft. No switches, no breaker, and a stand alone arrangement have worked very well, for me.

I have an onboard mastercraft charger that all the batteries tie into and when im in a slip with power i use that instead of the generator, for this one battery.
    Last edited by Alasgun; 1 week ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=AKfowler;n2756002...I have the selector switch set to both so they should both be charged. Plan is to pick up a new breaker, two new batteries, and hope I can put this behind me.[/QUOTE]
      This is a little off topic, but I'd replace that "selector switch" with a battery distribution cluster (I have one made by Honda, part number 33200-ZY3-010AH) that has a voltage-sensitive relay allowing charging of more than one battery (when sufficient juice is available) while protecting your electronics from spikes. I formerly used one of those God-awful "selector switches" until I accidentally (read: stupidly) drained the battery which powered my pot puller by having the switch on the wrong position! The cluster keeps everybody happy! Just my $0.02.

Comment

I'll follow up with the way I charge the dedicated battery for the E-dyne. Here is a pic of the VSR set up I put together. I copied a commercial version as I had almost all the parts sitting around. When the engines are running and the start batteries are charged one VSR charges the hauler battery, a group 34, the other VSR charges the house battery. When the generator or shore power is connected the 3rd leg of a 3 bank charger charges the hauler battery, the other two legs charge the start batteries. I also have a volt meter hooked to the hauler battery so I can monitor the voltage.

My experience has been, to much voltage drop to the hauler motor, wiring was undersized. I increased the wire size and installed a larger but the correct breaker for the new wire. The switch did not hold up, so I replaced it with a battery disconnect switch from a piece of heavy equipment. I also took a small bleach bottle and fit it over the bottom of the hauler motor and sealed the joint with gorilla tape, and sprayed all connections with a wp coating on the motor and the back of the switch Click image for larger version

Name:	VSR's.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	2756137 . For the past 5 years I have not had a problem.

Comment

I've been pleased with the Yandina C100 combiner I've been using for several years. No issues and my batteries stay fully charged. The 100 is for up to 100 amp alternators. They have larger units. Website is a quick read with wiring diagrams, Etc. Worth a look. Yandina.com/catalog

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X