Report from the field.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post

Those two bags on top look like maybe a half gallon per bag to me, maybe...probably closer to a third of a gallon. This is the problem with reporting shrimp in gallons. The easiest way to tell how much shrimp that is would be to take it out of the bag, put it into a gallon of water then pull the shrimp out and see how much water is left, I bet you'll be surprised.
    If it helps, we put 36 pounds of shrimp in the freezer after giving a couple stuffed bags to family members.
    An unarmed man is subject, an armed man is a citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximumPenetration View Post

Each of those two bags were about 2/3 of a gallon. They were the lightest bags of the group. And I report my shrimp in gallons of whole shrimp in 5 gallon buckets, measured in the bucket without water.
      Yeah, but do you step on the shrimp in the bucket first to get as many in their as possible, if not then you are over counting. Seriously though, throw the shrimp from one of those bags in a 1 gallon bucket full of water and see how much water is left when you pull them out, if you do this with your whole shrimp you will get a more accurate measurement as well. Weight is a far better way to measure shrimp than by the gallon. I count all the shrimp in each pot every pull and I weigh all the bags I put up. There is no way I could tell you how many gallons of tails I catch, but I can tell you what my average count per pound is on each trip and for the season.
      I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by MaximumPenetration View Post

If it helps, we put 36 pounds of shrimp in the freezer after giving a couple stuffed bags to family members.
        Weight carries more weight with me than gallons. 36 pounds is a good haul and lots of good eating! I need to go get me some.
        I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Quite the wiener measuring contest going on here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
            Truth. But at least we got away from the the original post where a grown man (apparently) was bragging about allegedly trying to rock some boats because good Alaskans decided to shoot some guns. Old Dorothy was bragging about karma, whilst acting like a butthurt child. And pretending that he takes shrimping really serious. It was good for a laugh.
            An unarmed man is subject, an armed man is a citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
              Yep, I was thinking the same thing. What ever happened to going out for fun? If all I did was go out just to shrimp, I would be bored. Do you just stare into the water and wait between soaks? I go for the camping trip, mix in a little fishing, gun shooting might be fun, drink a cocktail at night with a campfire etc.... I dont catch 30+ gallons in my weekend but I have a great time!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X