Valdez Open for Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdez Open for Business?

Any "official" or "unofficial" word on status of Valdez for the shrimp opener? The city website seems to indicate self-quarantining for 14 days for those coming from more than 100 miles outside Valdez and the 6' rule in effect, but I've also heard rumors they're turning people around. Dave in the bush, are you there? I'll be more than glad to self-quarantine on my boat!

Yes. 14 day quarantine if you come into town. I have not heard of anyone being turned around but i have been in the house and have no news of that. I do know that the police have called people that returned to town and weren't following the rules.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Yes “unofficial”.. you can self Quarantine on your boat just bring,
      All of your supplies “Beer Bait Food” 🦐 Harbor office’s # 835-4981 8-5

Comment

Still tons of snow in Valdez..?
        “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Launch ramp & parking lot, snow free.

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
            Still tons of snow in Valdez..?
            Depends where you are looking. My yard still has 2 feet. The south facing mountain slope in the front yard has a foot or so. It has been a slow melt this spring.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Just thinking about when the upark lot might be cleared for parking. Guess I should call them and see... not quite ready yet maybe by the middle of the month
              “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post
                Any "official" or "unofficial" word on status of Valdez for the shrimp opener? The city website seems to indicate self-quarantining for 14 days for those coming from more than 100 miles outside Valdez and the 6' rule in effect, but I've also heard rumors they're turning people around. Dave in the bush, are you there? I'll be more than glad to self-quarantine on my boat!
                Here is the mandate. As I said, people in town with a few exceptions have been following this. The state travel mandate looks like it is up for re-evaluation before the end of the local mandate. So the State mandate may kick back in. Who knows. I got caught in the "overlapping" between the state and community. Been in the house for 3 weeks except for essential travel. Everything sucks with all of this but if this virus comes to the smaller communities it will probably be from someone outside the community.

http://www.valdezak.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7664/VALDEZ-COVID-19-MANDATE-001---FINAL-AS-AMENDED-ON-032320?bidId=

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

I had to call the harbor masters office today as I am ready to launch. Basically the Harbor Masters office is closed. If you need to register for a slip as a tenant, is to do it via internet with a credit card. They are not accepting any cash or answering the door. Office is closed.. They are not even maintaining the pay box at the ramp. There is still a 14 day quarantine for those people coming into town expiring the 24th. I posted that information above. There are meetings going on right now concerning the topic and if I get any news I will post it.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated, Dave. I was planning to come down this week, but will probably wait. No problem keeping my distance, but want to make sure the city gets their money!

Comment

Hopefully the city will develop a plan that will work for everyone. I know that people read the different mandates differently and interpret them differently. As soon as I hear something I will post it and send you a PM. City council meets tonight and maybe they wilI address the issue. I know I am ready to shrimp and launch the boat except for the 3" of heavy wet snow we got last night.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Hope the virus can't be spread from contaminated fish...

Comment

No updates from city council's meeting last night so no changes to the above information. I checked on bathrooms and this is the answer I got.
                          "At this time they are, but if people are coming from out of town we would prefer they use the facilities on their boats when applicable. Again, just remember to practice safe-distancing as best as possible. When the commercial fishermen start showing up, the plan is to have them only use the facilities in the new harbor, and the facilities on their boats during their quarantine period. If there vessels are up in the yard during quarantine, we have 8 designated port-a-potty’s there for them to use, each specific to one boat during that period."

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

So how bad is the oil spill Dave? I heard it is a mixture of water and crude from a sump that overflowed and leaked down into the boat harbor.
                            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Pretty sure the leak was across the bay at the terminal over there at their Harbor. I don't think it was a very big they have a tendency to over kill everything over there.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X