Tanner Crab Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanner Crab Pots

I have a limited number of pots available if anyone is interested. 36x36x18 and they fold flat for storage. $150.00 each
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ED tanner pot 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	2517092
    sigpic
    Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
    I have a limited number of pots available if anyone is interested. 36x36x18 and they fold flat for storage. $150.00 each
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]98244[/ATTACH]
    I have no experience with crabbing, are they usually at a similar depth/location as shrimp? Would these pots work well on the shrimp pot gear I bought from you last year (shrimp pots have worked great, have recommended them to multiple people)? It seems like it would be fun, weather permitting, I know it gets nasty out there in the winter.

Comment

sure you can use the shrimp lines. From my limited experience catching tanners they seem to like mud instead of hard bottom like shrimp.
      sigpic
      Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
      Ropes, Buoys, Bait
      alaskashrimppots.com
      907 775 1692

Comment

Potbuilder, I forgot how to rig the pot to my lines and which side to rig on. I haven't used them in years but I wanted to get them in the water this season. Any pictures on rigging would be get. I have the ones you built above but have the PVC entrance with orange mesh. Thanks
        Ryan
        Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

Comment

Originally posted by rpdeines View Post
          Potbuilder, I forgot how to rig the pot to my lines and which side to rig on. I haven't used them in years but I wanted to get them in the water this season. Any pictures on rigging would be get. I have the ones you built above but have the PVC entrance with orange mesh. Thanks

bridle them on one of the sides that folds up. I'd move the clips 3 or 4 meshes in not on the 1st mesh like in the picture or just tie the bridle about 1/2 way up the side of the pot on one of the flap sides and use the other flap for a dump door.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
          Ropes, Buoys, Bait
          alaskashrimppots.com
          907 775 1692

Comment

Should I use floating line or sinking line for the pot rigging? Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]98447[/ATTACH]bridle them on one of the sides that folds up. I'd move the clips 3 or 4 meshes in not on the 1st mesh like in the picture or just tie the bridle about 1/2 way up the side of the pot on one of the flap sides and use the other flap for a dump door.
            Ryan
            Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

Comment

Floating to keep it off the bottom usually.
              Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              BK Marine Services 232-6399
              Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
              Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
              Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X