PWS shrimpin....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWS shrimpin....?

2nd year trying to appease the shrimp gods, last year did Ok on the north and east end of the sound, mostly east side of Columbia and over to Unakwik.

This year we are going to spend a few days by Hinchinbrook and then maybe go to Cordova.
    In any case, the question is, is shrimpin worthwhile around Hinch or Gravina or Fidalgo?

I figured we would do some prospecting anyway, I just didnt know if we would be wasting our time..... ?

This is our yearly outing and my wife loves shrimpin... so it may weigh in on our decision of where to go...... Thanks......!
    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Never dropped by Hitchinbrook, but Fidalgo is worth the time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.”--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have seen pots out to Bligh. Some in Fidalago, Goose Island but nothing any farther out. If my memory serves me correctly, a friend tried the other side of Johnstone Pt. on the way out but no great results.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

when i was gillnetting out of cordova some of the local guys told me leave the pots home till ya get over to the other side of the sound.
        sigpic
        Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
        Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
        Ropes, Buoys, Bait
        alaskashrimppots.com
        akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
        907 775 1692

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess I will take the pots and do some "prospecting"..
          If the weather permits we plan to go out to Hinchinbrook and spend a few days and then over to Cordova, we may check out Hawkins cutoff and see how that looks... depending on the fuel situation at the time.
          “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

I dropped pots in Etches one time and got nothing

Comment

Hows the shrimping out there so far? The forum has been dead quiet lately. I plan on hitting the water next weekend for our first outting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well i can verify there are shrimp on the north side of Orca bay, not as big or as plentiful as i have found the north side of the sound... just as tasty...!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190616_113041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	2501790

Comment

Originally posted by arima17sc View Post
                  Hows the shrimping out there so far? The forum has been dead quiet lately. I plan on hitting the water next weekend for our first outting.

Seemed fairly good to me this year so far. Find your spot that was good in the past and try it twice. Just because it doesn’t produce the first time doesn’t mean there aren’t shrimp there anymore. You can be in the right area and the pots still can really be luck of the draw. If you don’t know a good spot then keep hunting till you find one.

Comment

customers have been doing good with my bigger long soaker style pots as well as with my rigid and folding style pots.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ED Parlor pot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	2501791
                    sigpic
                    Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                    alaskashrimppots.com
                    907 775 1692

Comment

I was hoping to see the test pot survey reaults from ADFG for 2018. We were fairly successful last season at finding some spots with good shrimp count after looking through the test pot results for few years back.

Comment

2018 Survey

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/applications/dcfnewsrelease/1015315753.pdf

Comment

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...or1_shrimp.pdf

This might help. In any surveys I have seen, only the Eastern part of the sound gets any attention.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                          Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                          Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Thanks for posting the survey results. Area 1 and 2 produced well for us last season. Looking for more of the same results this season.

Anyone drop a pot around bald head cris?

Comment

[QUOTE=arima17sc;1665442]Thanks for posting the survey results. Area 1 and 2 produced well for us last season. Looking for more of the same results this season.

Anyone drop a pot around bald head cris?

I tried there a few years ago and didn't find much
                              sigpic
                              Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                              Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                              alaskashrimppots.com
                              907 775 1692

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...