Dungeness Crabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeness Crabbing

Took the family to Prince of Wales to Dungeness Crab so the daughter could see what we used to be able to do in Kachemak bay.

Looks like I should have used a shrimp pot! Speaking of which I was using Pot Builder's bait bags.

https://youtu.be/5xeERwGf2z8

Not sure how to make it a hyperlink

How deep were you Crabbing ?
    johnnie laird

Comment

Originally posted by polardds View Post
      Took the family to Prince of Wales to Dungeness Crab so the daughter could see what we used to be able to do in Kachemak bay.

Looks like I should have used a shrimp pot! Speaking of which I was using Pot Builder's bait bags.

https://youtu.be/5xeERwGf2z8

Not sure how to make it a hyperlink
      They sure make quite the racket down there !! I should build you a pot out of 1/2 x 1 wire to hold those little guys.
      sigpic
      Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
      Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
      Ropes, Buoys, Bait
      alaskashrimppots.com
      akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
      907 775 1692

Comment

Muskeg, we were dungy crabbing anywhere from five feet to fifty feet. Pot Builder when you are allowed 20 shrimp pots there is no need to try to shrimp for the Koons. I go to Prince of Wales now to do my shrimping. There might be one or two other people shrimping. Twenty pots is more than I want to use. I think the most we used this year was 13 at a time. Plus the shrimp grounds are two miles from port.

Comment

Originally posted by polardds View Post
          Muskeg, we were dungy crabbing anywhere from five feet to fifty feet. Pot Builder when you are allowed 20 shrimp pots there is no need to try to shrimp for the Koons. I go to Prince of Wales now to do my shrimping. There might be one or two other people shrimping. Twenty pots is more than I want to use. I think the most we used this year was 13 at a time. Plus the shrimp grounds are two miles from port.
          Sounds like shrimping paradise ! I'm working on a new pot design, I bet you'd only need 5 of them instead of 13.
          sigpic
          Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
          Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
          Ropes, Buoys, Bait
          alaskashrimppots.com
          akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
          907 775 1692

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...