X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potbuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kisutch View Post
    You mean you can't just store them in your favorite spot in passage canal? I noticed lots of bouys still out there on sunday.
    Just take off the buoys and leave them there they won't go anywhere, go back in the spring and grapple them back up:topjob:

Leave a comment:

• Anythingalaska
    replied
    Storing shrimp pots for winter? Unheard of down here in Southeast...our shrimp season never closes. We store our pots in the water with the bait jars full.:topjob:

Leave a comment:

• Paul H
    replied
    Steve,

A good reminder. I discovered that after my first season the hard way :upset:

Leave a comment:

• JR2
    replied
    Fish cops will start pulling them soon.

Leave a comment:

• Kisutch
    replied
    You mean you can't just store them in your favorite spot in passage canal? I noticed lots of bouys still out there on sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Rob B
    replied
    Plus leaving all the doors open keeps the bungies from getting stretched out faster.

Leave a comment:

• potbuilder
    replied
    Remember to cover up the float and sink ropes so the uv's don't burn them up.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskanmutt
    replied
    Mine are easy.
    I have Steves folding pots.
    I store them folded up, covered with a tarp and strapped to the house (on the back side)

But thanks for the warning on non folding pots Steve.

Leave a comment:

• akfshklr
    replied
    Thanks for that reminder Steve. I've had this happen before. Fortunately, I found the birds still alive and they all were released and flew away. Also folks, don't forget to send in you permits since the season is over now.

Leave a comment:

• potbuilder
    started a topic Storing pots for the winter

Storing pots for the winter

When you guys store your pots please remember to leave the doors open, little tweedy birds go inside them to pick on whatever attracts bugs to the wire, its a long slow death for the birds if they can't find a way out. Hope everyone had a great season and we'll see ya in the early spring for gear up ! MANY THANKS for all the new and repeat business.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X