Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FamilyMan
    replied
    $10.50/# for AK razors at Costco on Dimond, yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• akpolaris
    replied
    $5.79 & a 12 pack of Olypops

Originally posted by Mkay View Post
    Make sure you have exact change $5.79 for the Tyonek Expressway toll.

Leave a comment:

• Mkay
    replied
    Originally posted by sayak View Post
    And then (apparently) there is the rest of us.
    I "resemble" that remark. Good luck with the clamming.

Leave a comment:

• sayak
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    ...most of them are some of the nicest folks you'll find anywhere...

-Mike
    And then (apparently) there is the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Strahan
    replied
    Originally posted by nyclad View Post
    Okay, okay... you guys got your pokes in.

I can see that there are no roads are visible via Google maps, I didn't know if there was another weay besides boat/plane.

BTW. I was born and raised in AK, although being away so long, I've lost a gret deal of connection with AK. As a kid, my folks were busy working and never took me clam digging, it's something I've recently discovered for myself a few years ago, and enjoy it quite a lot.
    Not to worry. Some of these folks are a little rough around the edges at first, but most of them are some of the nicest folks you'll find anywhere.

You'll have a great time!

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• nyclad
    replied
    Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Well the OP is from California. And since he obviously didn't bother to look at a map before asking (or maybe Californians can't read a map written in the Alaskan language?) I figured I would have some fun with this.
    Okay, okay... you guys got your pokes in.

I can see that there are no roads are visible via Google maps, I didn't know if there was another weay besides boat/plane.

BTW. I was born and raised in AK, although being away so long, I've lost a gret deal of connection with AK. As a kid, my folks were busy working and never took me clam digging, it's something I've recently discovered for myself a few years ago, and enjoy it quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• nyclad
    replied
    Sure you can drive acroos the inlet at low tide from Anchorage. Everybody does it. I would think you would know that.

Haaaa. Good one.

Leave a comment:

• FamilyMan
    replied
    A tollroad to clams, perfect. Those bridge people still have a thing or three to learn.

Leave a comment:

• Mkay
    replied
    Very good road access from Anchorage. Take the Tyonek Expressway west off the New Seward and head right over the lower Cook inlet. I think they are putting in a new Sportsmans Warehouse at the mouth of Redoubt Creek, so you can get your clam shovels real cheap. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• sayak
    replied
    Well the OP is from California. And since he obviously didn't bother to look at a map before asking (or maybe Californians can't read a map written in the Alaskan language?) I figured I would have some fun with this.

On another note my dad used to work in Trading Bay at one of the oilfield camps.
    They used to drive over to the river at night to fish silvers in their off time. Well one night they get to the river and a plane load of tourists had just arrived to do some evening silver fishing of their own.
    They turned around saw the truck and asked the oilfield guys where they had come from. Without skipping a beat my dad says we drove across from Anchorage at low tide in our 4wd just like all the locals do.
    I guess the look on their faces (after paying their guide several hundred $$$ each for the trip) was priceless while the guide tried to explain what was going on and how this truck got there.
    I still laugh each time I think of that story.
    Ha ha! Now that is a good'n. Maybe if a person had one of those military amphibious vehicles- a "duck"- they actually could drive from Anchorage.

Leave a comment:

• kasilofchrisn
    replied
    Originally posted by sayak View Post
    You know Chris, somebody is going to try this.....

On another note my dad used to work in Trading Bay at one of the oilfield camps.
    They used to drive over to the river at night to fish silvers in their off time. Well one night they get to the river and a plane load of tourists had just arrived to do some evening silver fishing of their own.
    They turned around saw the truck and asked the oilfield guys where they had come from. Without skipping a beat my dad says we drove across from Anchorage at low tide in our 4wd just like all the locals do.
    I guess the look on their faces (after paying their guide several hundred $$$ each for the trip) was priceless while the guide tried to explain what was going on and how this truck got there.
    I still laugh each time I think of that story.

Leave a comment:

• sayak
    replied
    Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Ah, yes, the photo that definitively disproves Darwin's theory of evolution. Every time I see it I'm tempted to type things the management would find unacceptable.
    Or original sin.

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post

Ah, yes, the photo that definitively disproves Darwin's theory of evolution. Every time I see it I'm tempted to type things the management would find unacceptable.

Leave a comment:

• potbuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by nyclad View Post
    You guys present good points about Ninilchik and CG, I'll refrain from clamming there. I do have somebody offering to boat me to the west side. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to it.

Followup question. anybody been to the west Cook Inlet beaches for digging? I only read/hear about boat access, does road access exist?
    You can take the taxi its called bottom line charters http://bottomlinecharters.us/

Leave a comment:

• sayak
    replied
    Someone should offer a black bear and clam special.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X