Where to store fish in Anchorage

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Attention Alaska Artisans and Product Manufacturers!

If you are an Alaska-based Artisan, Crafstman, Author, or Product Manufacturer, or any local business offering products available for sale, we welcome you to add a listing to the AOS Directory. Basic listings are free, and include a summary of your business, physical address, 1 photo and an email address.
Paid listings are being offered through a special promotion: $150/year includes a Featured Directory listing, a link to your website, phone number, email address and a forum welcome announcement linked to your directory listing. We look forward to presenting Alaska products to our audience! Please send an email message to customerservice@alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com if you would like to submit your listing or receive additional information.
Click arrow in top right corner for next announcement.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdelarm
    replied
    Originally posted by fishfood View Post
    We're coming up in August, and will be fishing different areas (Mat Su rivers, Homer, Seward, Valdez). I need a place to store frozen fish while we are out and about. I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative, or better yet, anyone in Anchorage area have some freezer space they'd make available. I can pay cash or a few fillets roud:, your choice.
    In the good old days I believe 10th & M did that.

Leave a comment:

• oldmil007
    replied
    Got your PM there RustyMonkey. Thanks much for the offer. The six of us might strain your available space a bit but let me know what you think.

- Jay

Leave a comment:

• RustyMonkey
    replied
    Send me a PM.

Leave a comment:

• oldmil007
    replied
    " I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill."

Yikes, that could be a bit spendy for sure Fishfood!

We'll be in the same situation in early August so thanks for bringing this question up. Possibly a butcher shop or grocery store might be able to help us? Maybe find a processor closer to Anchorage?

- Jay

Leave a comment:

• nuprofessor
    replied
    The processor my wife & I use stores our fish at no charge until we leave. Granted our processor is in Soldotna, but you can ask the processor you plan to use in Anchorage & see if they offer the same deal.

Leave a comment:

• fishfood
    started a topic Where to store fish in Anchorage

Where to store fish in Anchorage

We're coming up in August, and will be fishing different areas (Mat Su rivers, Homer, Seward, Valdez). I need a place to store frozen fish while we are out and about. I know about the airport, but at 15 bucks a day per box we're looking at a 300$ or more potential bill. Anyone know of a cheaper alternative, or better yet, anyone in Anchorage area have some freezer space they'd make available. I can pay cash or a few fillets roud:, your choice.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X